Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Blue Sky Rewards - In Progress

tag
Strepthroat
Frequent Contributor

AMEX Blue Sky Rewards - In Progress

Question, want to know if this is anyone's experience.  I had one of my girlfriends apply for the AMEX Blue Sky Rewards (after being approved for the Premier Gold Rewards minutes earlier) and she got denied.  In behalf of my girlfriend, I called the Executive Office, spoke with a Rep named Jessica who asked a few questions (what was the credit score and reason given for denial) and then said she would send the request to the Application team and they should have a decision in 48 hours. I checked her status last night and it was "In Progress" status.  I called the application status number and the Rep said "congratulations your application is with Special Teams and if they need to contact you for futher information, they will.  If not you should receive the card in the mail".  Should we assume this is an approval?

Chase Marriott Visa $25,000 | Chase Southwest Visa $25,000 | PFCU Visa $20,000 | Capital One Savor $20,000 | Nordstrom Visa $20,000 | GUCU Visa $10,500 | CapitalOne Quicksilver Visa $10,000 | US Bank Perks Visa $9,000 | Barclays Cash Forward Visa $6,000 | BB&T Spectrum Cash Visa $3,500
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Blue Sky Rewards - In Progress

@Strepthroat wrote:

Question, want to know if this is anyone's experience.  I had one of my girlfriends apply for the AMEX Blue Sky Rewards (after being approved for the Premier Gold Rewards minutes earlier) and she got denied.  In behalf of my girlfriend, I called the Executive Office, spoke with a Rep named Jessica who asked a few questions (what was the credit score and reason given for denial) and then said she would send the request to the Application team and they should have a decision in 48 hours. I checked her status last night and it was "In Progress" status.  I called the application status number and the Rep said "congratulations your application is with Special Teams and if they need to contact you for futher information, they will.  If not you should receive the card in the mail".  Should we assume this is an approval?

Im in the same boat as you with there platinum card. From what ive heard it could go either way.

Message 2 of 6
Strepthroat
Frequent Contributor

Well, I'll keep you posted with the decision.  When did you apply for the Platinum?

Chase Marriott Visa $25,000 | Chase Southwest Visa $25,000 | PFCU Visa $20,000 | Capital One Savor $20,000 | Nordstrom Visa $20,000 | GUCU Visa $10,500 | CapitalOne Quicksilver Visa $10,000 | US Bank Perks Visa $9,000 | Barclays Cash Forward Visa $6,000 | BB&T Spectrum Cash Visa $3,500
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yesterday. I called them and was told I was transferred to their 'special team' and that they would be calling within 72 hours for more info. The rep told me I wasn't denied but was very hesitant to say anything about approval.

Message 4 of 6
Strepthroat
Frequent Contributor

Ok, sounds like basically the same conversation, with the exception of saying that I (she) wasn't denied.  Perhaps they're trying to determine a credit limit for her and a preset spending limit for you.  Hope you get the card!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I still think it has to do with the fraud alert on my reports telling them they must call before issuing credit. They wont even let me talk to this 'special department' first. Instead they keep insisting that I wait until they call me. Only problem is, they say if I miss the call then they wont call again, they will mail something. I would like the process to be sped up as soon as possible. Ill try calling again. Yours does sound promising though that you will be approved. Good luck.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.