Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Blue - What are my chances?

tag
lovely222
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX Blue - What are my chances?

I actually just tried it. AmEx was not any of my options. Only a BofA Amex and from my understanding that's not the same thing. Sorry - I was hoping this would help!

6/13: FICO TU (Walmart): 750
6/13: FICO EQ (Score Watch): 769
Goal: 780+, 0 Balances, No app'ing! (For real this time!!!)
Message 11 of 17
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

@lovely222 wrote:

I've read on these forums that creditcards.com  has an application called CardMatch that tells you which card you are most likely to be approved for. Not sure if it costs anything. Maybe try that? Anyone else use that before? I read that it's a soft TU pull.

No it doesn't cost anything.

I used that site for 3 of my recent cards.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, so I pulled the trigger and applied for AMEX Blue. Instant denial! But that didn’t stop me. I called in for recon and asked to send my application for a manual review. 2 days later I got an email saying “Welcome to AMEX”. I got APPROVED. Just waiting on the card to see what kind of a credit line it will be. I'd probably guess it's $2k.

Moral of the story, NEVER give up. Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 17
lovely222
Regular Contributor

Awesome! So glad to hear that, congratulations! Smiley Very Happy

6/13: FICO TU (Walmart): 750
6/13: FICO EQ (Score Watch): 769
Goal: 780+, 0 Balances, No app'ing! (For real this time!!!)
Message 14 of 17
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

Congrats! Keep up the good work!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ce: AMEX Blue - What are my chances?

Congratulations. I went to that website a few months ago. I qualified for the Zync and a couple more AMEX cards, but not the Blue. I went with the Zync because of the low annual fee. I was approved for that. I had heard on this site to wait at least 6 months before applying for the Blue. I decided to take a chance after having the Zync for 3 months. I was approved a couple days ago. I am just eager to find out what the limit is.       

Message 16 of 17
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

Re: Ce: AMEX Blue - What are my chances?

Yeah, I think it seems if you're denied from AMEX and try applying again it doesn't let you from one or two people that have done that recently.  However, it seems if you applied for one card and got approved you can apply for another one same day...A couple of people have done this recently.

i'm in my gardening mode. I know I'm going to suffer a hit for my Chase OnePass Plus MC when it hits.  

What I find odd is that my Citi Home Depot card that I got Aug 2009 on EQ it says "You have recent accounts that are too new."  and it dinged me for it the other day.  But it just showed up and showed it as Citi Home Depot...i found that odd...

I can only imagine what'll happen once my Chase OnePass Plus hits *groan*...

BTW, do all AMEX Blue's have the same criteria? 

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.