Valued Contributor
j_casteel

AMEX Blue denial...but not upset.

I recently app'd for the "plain" AMEX Blue to get an idea where I was with AMEX after having the Zync (500 HL and averaging ~$2k/mth on it) for nearly 5mths and cleaning up my reports, bringing my scores up, etc. 

I received the denial letter today and it stated only one reason I was denied which was "Your FICO score..." The letter showed they pulled an EX FICO of 658.  So while it is a denial I am not upset because they use to list several reasons for the denial. It gives me what I need to continue to work on to get approved in the future. I've cleaned my reports up and have been keeping positive TL's, but now its just a waiting game and letting my score(s) increase. I think the closer it is to 700 the better (obviously). So I plan to garden until January and see where I stand. 

Thanks,

John

| Walmart $5k | Amazon $5k | NFCU $19.5k | NLOC $15k | Lowes $17k | BoA $15k | Freedom $3k | IT $4k | CSP $5k | Marriott $5k | AMEX TE $9k | Alaska $5k |
Starting Scores: EQ:571 EX:??? TU:597
Current Scores: EQ:694 EX:709 TU:703
Goal Scores: 700
across the board
Frequent Contributor
somnipotent

Re: AMEX Blue denial...but not upset.

At least it's a SP.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Established Contributor
calihlove75

Re: AMEX Blue denial...but not upset.

j_casteel wrote:

I recently app'd for the "plain" AMEX Blue to get an idea where I was with AMEX after having the Zync (500 HL and averaging ~$2k/mth on it) for nearly 5mths and cleaning up my reports, bringing my scores up, etc. 

I received the denial letter today and it stated only one reason I was denied which was "Your FICO score..." The letter showed they pulled an EX FICO of 658.  So while it is a denial I am not upset because they use to list several reasons for the denial. It gives me what I need to continue to work on to get approved in the future. I've cleaned my reports up and have been keeping positive TL's, but now its just a waiting game and letting my score(s) increase. I think the closer it is to 700 the better (obviously). So I plan to garden until January and see where I stand. 

Thanks,

John

You will get there and at least you got a free EX fico out of the deal without a hardpull!!

100% Ficos: EX 762, TU 767, EQ 754 Inquiries last 1 year/6 months: EX-0/0, TU- 0/0, EQ-2/1~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014
Discover IT $8000~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $2000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $14,000~ Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $2500~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+