cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI Approved! Hard pull question for 2nd Amex app?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX CLI Approved! Hard pull question for 2nd Amex app?

I got approved for CLI from 7k to 20K on my Starwood card!  Which is great, but I then wanted to PC into the Costco card.  I didn't realized they don't allow that switch and when I asked if I would get a second hard pull they said yes.  Can anyone verify this?  I originally opened the starwood of Feb 2011. 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
shakalaka
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX CLI Approved! Hard pull question for 2nd Amex app?

HP if approved, SP if denied

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 2 of 6
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Yep, you will receive an additional HP if you app and are approved for the Costco card. However, if your denied, it will only be a SP. Personally, there is no way I would ever try an PC the awesome Starwood card into a Costco. I honestly dont even think that's a PC option, but i could be wrong.

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 6
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Recently (yesterday?) there was a post about someone apping for a second Amex, being denied, and still receiving a hard pull.  The second card was a business card which perhaps makes a difference; however, the poster reported having previously applied for the business card, being denied, and only receiving soft pulls.  So, while there is a lot of anecdotal evidence that you can apply for a second Amex and only receive a soft pull for a denial, just a reminder that policies can change, and you should always expect a hard pull when applying for any credit.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
gettnthere
Established Contributor

+1@waltk

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 6
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.