Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI Denial-for data points

tag
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

AMEX CLI Denial-for data points

I'm over my disappointment, because Im shocked AMEX took me back at all. I did want to share my experience for others who may have a similar situation.

I apped for a CLI yesterday, and asked for a little more than 2x my initial CL of 11k. I got the 7-10 day message. Today's email revealed that I was denied due to a prior delinquency with AMEX. I'm surprised they have me a card at all, and instead of getting all outraged, I am grateful they gave me a chance. In all reality, I don't need a limit higher than what I have; and when I think about it, this time last year, the highest non store card I had was a Chase Freedom at $1500.

I'm interested in others' experiences on this, too. I'm firmly in the garden for apping until New Years. My next card was to be SPG for travel purposes, so if anyone has experienced acceptance on subsequent AMEX after CLI denial, I'd love to hear about it. I'd also like to hear opinions on whether I should try again in a few months.

I'm a little embarrassed, but trying to remember that credit is a privilege, not a right, and that 11k is not a bad limit at all. Smiley Happy

Also of note, I had a balance at time of app, but nothing due, as I use the card for gas and groceries only and PIF. I am at less than 10% until overall.
WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.