Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI Denied.

tag
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX CLI Denied.

Ahh sorry to hear that. Mind sharing your ex score and credit profile?
Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 11 of 26
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Jake0215 wrote:

@cutemarty1 wrote:

Guys.

MY Amex Hilton was approved Feb 21.  IT arrived Feb 26. I activated it Feb 26.  Today, I applied a credit line increase throught the automated system by phone.  I was denied and told that AMEX only increases credit lines after 60 days.

Was I it by a hard pull by this one?   When is the exact time to ask for the CLI and thru phone?  I don't have the CLI button on my account Smiley Sad

Thanks. More power and more credit line increases to all! Smiley Happy

ya u have nothing to worry about... You just jumped the gun a bit. Try again in a week.

I agree with this poster.... you should try again... its 61 days after activating the account... That's when I would try for it

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 12 of 26
cutemarty1
Regular Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

@Jake0215 wrote:

@cutemarty1 wrote:

Guys.

MY Amex Hilton was approved Feb 21.  IT arrived Feb 26. I activated it Feb 26.  Today, I applied a credit line increase throught the automated system by phone.  I was denied and told that AMEX only increases credit lines after 60 days.

Was I it by a hard pull by this one?   When is the exact time to ask for the CLI and thru phone?  I don't have the CLI button on my account Smiley Sad

ya u have nothing to worry about... You just jumped the gun a bit. Try again in a week.

I agree with this poster.... you should try again... its 61 days after activating the account... That's when I would try for it

I tried it on the 61-day mark. Smiley Sad

My TL : Discover 45k / Venture 39k / BCE AMEX 33k / BoA123 Sig 24k / WF propel 17k/ Home Depot 16.5 K / Barclays Arrival WEMC 15k / Citi World WEMC 16.5k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Visa 20K / penfed rewards visa 20k / Citi AA 16.5k / spark business 15k/ Chase ink business 15k/ delta Amex platinum 14k/ boa rewards 7k /Macy Store 5.3K / Best buy 2.4K / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / PNC 20k / AppleCard 40k/ citi premier 12.7k / chase Amazon 7k
Message 13 of 26
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

@cutemarty1 wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

@Jake0215 wrote:

@cutemarty1 wrote:

Guys.

I tried it on the 61-day mark. Smiley Sad

90 days after denial

Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well hang in there just give it some time and go with it for now.  I mean you have the card so now only time will help.

Message 15 of 26
gallifrey
Valued Member

How long did it take to get a response? Did they give you your ex fico?
Message 16 of 26
cutemarty1
Regular Contributor

@gallifrey wrote:
How long did it take to get a response? Did they give you your ex fico?

My denial letter mentioned I had a 700 FICO.

Immediate outright denial through phone.

Smiley Sad

My TL : Discover 45k / Venture 39k / BCE AMEX 33k / BoA123 Sig 24k / WF propel 17k/ Home Depot 16.5 K / Barclays Arrival WEMC 15k / Citi World WEMC 16.5k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Visa 20K / penfed rewards visa 20k / Citi AA 16.5k / spark business 15k/ Chase ink business 15k/ delta Amex platinum 14k/ boa rewards 7k /Macy Store 5.3K / Best buy 2.4K / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / PNC 20k / AppleCard 40k/ citi premier 12.7k / chase Amazon 7k
Message 17 of 26
gallifrey
Valued Member

Oh wow thanks. Mine are 670s. I wonder if I was supposed to stay on the line with them. :-/
Message 18 of 26
cutemarty1
Regular Contributor

Should I do a CLI again on July 27? 90 days after being denied on the initial 61-day mark on April 27 guys? Thanks for your input guys!

Message 19 of 26
lanc
Regular Contributor

Make sure you have a 0 balance on the card.  I got denied recently after the 61day mark because I have a 2000 balance on a 7500 CL.  My EX score was 745 and got the same message about risk score.  I kind of thought it would be denied because I'm using about 30% util but decided to take advantage of the 12 month no apr and worry about the CLI later but was worth a shot.

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.