Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI Denied :(

tag
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

AMEX CLI Denied :(

My 61st day is today for my BCE so I asked for the 3x CLI and was denied, letter 7-10 days out. Called them up, was told that I have a 729 EX Fico score, but a high internal risk score :/

Gotta wait 6 months now right?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX CLI Denied :(

Nooo ! We cant have denials :[

High internal score must be linked to the way you use the card.
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 2 of 12
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

I have only charged $180 total in the 2 months and paid before statement cut..

Message 3 of 12
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

I think you have to wait 90 days after a denial, that is the number I have read in a number of posts. If you are granted a CLI then you have to wait 6 months afterwards to apply for your next CLI no matter how many cards you have. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 4 of 12
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Maybe they like to see the high usage? Did you ask how the high risk score is calculated and what impacts it the most?

Hopefully someone here knows the answer.
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 5 of 12
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

What did the letter you've got said ?

Message 6 of 12
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

Nope, didn't ask them, I was in my car and got a "non english speaking rep" so it was hard to understand her.

I haven't received the letter yet, it's 7-10 days out, when I get it I will call back.

Message 7 of 12
HankNY
Valued Member

Nope, didn't ask them, I was in my car and got a "non english speaking rep"

You were speaking to her in non english.

Message 8 of 12
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

Do you have OTHER CC with balances ? Car loan ? New CC last few months ?

Message 9 of 12
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

I'm hoping my AMEX internal score is looking good.

Unfortunately, I have the Zync with $500 hard limit, but since I replaced my debit card with it since June I have been averaging $2,000 a month through it. I just have to make lots of payments to keep it down enough to do that. I have the Zync and am a AU on a Blue with $33,300 so I'm hoping after the new year I'll be good enough with them to get a NPSL charge and if approved I'll go for a revolver at that time.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.