Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI Denied :(

tag
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX CLI Denied :(

@DeadSpider wrote:

Do you have OTHER CC with balances ? Car loan ? New CC last few months ?

I have about $2,500 between 2 cards (0%) with Amazon and Rooms to go, nothing else on my other CC. I have an open auto loan that I got in April. I did get both AMEX 2 months ago and just got my Select card this month. I have a few INQ that will fall off in 3 months, so I will try again then.

Message 11 of 12
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX CLI Denied :(

@xiownthisplacex wrote:

I have only charged $180 total in the 2 months and paid before statement cut..

This is your problem. You've only used the card for 2 months and for an amount that's frankly miniscule. On top of that you're asking for a 3x CLI when you're barely using whatever CL you already have.

From the eyes of Amex:

1) You don't need a higher CL given how little you've used the card so far. If you were charging a lot and was close to your CL both months, then it might be another story.

2) You don't have an established enough history with them to ask for a 3x CLI, especially given your small spending. People who receive 3x CLIs often have decent CLs/scores to begin with, have previous history with them, and/or push decent amounts of money through the card. You're 0/3 here.

If you really want a 3x CLI, you'll need to use the card a lot more often in the next several months. If you do this and always PIF, you'll be in a better spot to ask for a CLI in 6-9 months.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.