cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI Denied.

Established Contributor

Re: AMEX CLI Denied.

Ahh sorry to hear that. Mind sharing your ex score and credit profile?
Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 11 of 26
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX CLI Denied.


Jake0215 wrote:

cutemarty1 wrote:

Guys.

 

MY Amex Hilton was approved Feb 21.  IT arrived Feb 26. I activated it Feb 26.  Today, I applied a credit line increase throught the automated system by phone.  I was denied and told that AMEX only increases credit lines after 60 days.

 

Was I it by a hard pull by this one?   When is the exact time to ask for the CLI and thru phone?  I don't have the CLI button on my account Smiley Sad

 

Thanks. More power and more credit line increases to all! Smiley Happy

 

 


ya u have nothing to worry about... You just jumped the gun a bit. Try again in a week.

I agree with this poster.... you should try again... its 61 days after activating the account... That's when I would try for it


Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!



Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 26
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX CLI Denied.


webhopper wrote:

Jake0215 wrote:

cutemarty1 wrote:

Guys.

 

MY Amex Hilton was approved Feb 21.  IT arrived Feb 26. I activated it Feb 26.  Today, I applied a credit line increase throught the automated system by phone.  I was denied and told that AMEX only increases credit lines after 60 days.

 

Was I it by a hard pull by this one?   When is the exact time to ask for the CLI and thru phone?  I don't have the CLI button on my account Smiley Sad

 

Thanks. More power and more credit line increases to all! Smiley Happy

 

 


ya u have nothing to worry about... You just jumped the gun a bit. Try again in a week.

I agree with this poster.... you should try again... its 61 days after activating the account... That's when I would try for it


I tried it on the 61-day mark. Smiley Sad

My TL : Venture 33k / BCE AMEX 33k / BoA123 Sig 24k / Discover 28.5k / Home Depot 16.5 K / CSP 16.5k / Barclays Arrival WEMC 15k / Citi World WEMC13.5k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Visa 15K / Freedom 10k / Citi AA 11.1k / Macy's Store 5.3K / Best buy 2.4K / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / Express 1.4K/
Message 13 of 26
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX CLI Denied.

 

 

 


cutemarty1 wrote:

webhopper wrote:

Jake0215 wrote:

cutemarty1 wrote:

Guys.

 

MY Amex Hilton was approved Feb 21.  IT arrived Feb 26. I activated it Feb 26.  Today, I applied a credit line increase throught the automated system by phone.  I was denied and told that AMEX only increases credit lines after 60 days.

 

Was I it by a hard pull by this one?   When is the exact time to ask for the CLI and thru phone?  I don't have the CLI button on my account Smiley Sad

 

Thanks. More power and more credit line increases to all! Smiley Happy

 

 


ya u have nothing to worry about... You just jumped the gun a bit. Try again in a week.

I agree with this poster.... you should try again... its 61 days after activating the account... That's when I would try for it


I tried it on the 61-day mark. Smiley Sad



90 days after denial

Wallet: Barclays Rewards MC-16k, Amex BCP-15k, Citi Forward V-sig-12.5k, Walmart MC - 7.5k, Amex ED-5k, Chase Freedom-6k, Target Visa- 1.5k
As of: 05/13/2015
Message 14 of 26
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX CLI Denied.

Well hang in there just give it some time and go with it for now.  I mean you have the card so now only time will help.


Starting Score: EQ FICO 777
Current Score: EQ FICO 803
Goal Score: EQ FICO 810


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 15 of 26
Valued Member

Re: AMEX CLI Denied.

How long did it take to get a response? Did they give you your ex fico?
Message 16 of 26
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX CLI Denied.


gallifrey wrote:
How long did it take to get a response? Did they give you your ex fico?

My denial letter mentioned I had a 700 FICO.

Immediate outright denial through phone.

Smiley Sad

My TL : Venture 33k / BCE AMEX 33k / BoA123 Sig 24k / Discover 28.5k / Home Depot 16.5 K / CSP 16.5k / Barclays Arrival WEMC 15k / Citi World WEMC13.5k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Visa 15K / Freedom 10k / Citi AA 11.1k / Macy's Store 5.3K / Best buy 2.4K / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / Express 1.4K/
Message 17 of 26
Valued Member

Re: AMEX CLI Denied.

Oh wow thanks. Mine are 670s. I wonder if I was supposed to stay on the line with them. :-/
Message 18 of 26
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX CLI Denied.

Should I do a CLI again on July 27? 90 days after being denied on the initial 61-day mark on April 27 guys? Thanks for your input guys!

 

 

My TL : Venture 33k / BCE AMEX 33k / BoA123 Sig 24k / Discover 28.5k / Home Depot 16.5 K / CSP 16.5k / Barclays Arrival WEMC 15k / Citi World WEMC13.5k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Visa 15K / Freedom 10k / Citi AA 11.1k / Macy's Store 5.3K / Best buy 2.4K / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / Express 1.4K/
Message 19 of 26
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX CLI Denied.

Make sure you have a 0 balance on the card.  I got denied recently after the 61day mark because I have a 2000 balance on a 7500 CL.  My EX score was 745 and got the same message about risk score.  I kind of thought it would be denied because I'm using about 30% util but decided to take advantage of the 12 month no apr and worry about the CLI later but was worth a shot.

Message 20 of 26