Established Contributor
flowfaster

Re: AMEX CLI Denied.

Ahh sorry to hear that. Mind sharing your ex score and credit profile?
Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
webhopper

Jake0215 wrote:

cutemarty1 wrote:

Guys.

MY Amex Hilton was approved Feb 21.  IT arrived Feb 26. I activated it Feb 26.  Today, I applied a credit line increase throught the automated system by phone.  I was denied and told that AMEX only increases credit lines after 60 days.

Was I it by a hard pull by this one?   When is the exact time to ask for the CLI and thru phone?  I don't have the CLI button on my account :smileysad:

Thanks. More power and more credit line increases to all! :smileyhappy:

ya u have nothing to worry about... You just jumped the gun a bit. Try again in a week.

I agree with this poster.... you should try again... its 61 days after activating the account... That's when I would try for it

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
cutemarty1

webhopper wrote:

Jake0215 wrote:

cutemarty1 wrote:

Guys.

MY Amex Hilton was approved Feb 21.  IT arrived Feb 26. I activated it Feb 26.  Today, I applied a credit line increase throught the automated system by phone.  I was denied and told that AMEX only increases credit lines after 60 days.

Was I it by a hard pull by this one?   When is the exact time to ask for the CLI and thru phone?  I don't have the CLI button on my account :smileysad:

ya u have nothing to worry about... You just jumped the gun a bit. Try again in a week.

I agree with this poster.... you should try again... its 61 days after activating the account... That's when I would try for it

I tried it on the 61-day mark. :smileysad:

My TL : BCE AMEX 24k / Home Depot 16.5 K / CSP 16.5k / Barclays Arrival MC 15k / BoA 123 14k / Citi World 12.8k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Sig 10K / Citi AA 9.1k / Discover 9k / Freedom 5K / Best buy 2.4K/ Macy's Store 1.8K/ / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / Express 1.4K/ AE 0.4K
Frequent Contributor
tonyaether

cutemarty1 wrote:

webhopper wrote:

Jake0215 wrote:

cutemarty1 wrote:

Guys.

I tried it on the 61-day mark. :smileysad:

90 days after denial

Current Scores: 08/2013 EQ - 779(FICO), TU98 - 783(FICO ), TU08-818(Walmart FICO),EX PLUS-775 (FAKO) Credit Sesame - 804 (FAKO)
Wallet: Barclays Plat. Rewards MC $8.9k,Amex BCP $9.1k, CitiForward Signature $11k, Chase Freedom $3k,Target Visa $1.5k, Walmart Discover 7.5k, Delta Gold Skymiles Amex $2k
GOAL: 800 ACROSS THE BOARD!!!!
Frequent Contributor
BigDaddy18

Well hang in there just give it some time and go with it for now.  I mean you have the card so now only time will help.

Starting Score: EQ FICO 777
Current Score: EQ FICO 803
Goal Score: EQ FICO 810

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Valued Member
gallifrey

How long did it take to get a response? Did they give you your ex fico?
Regular Contributor
cutemarty1

gallifrey wrote:
How long did it take to get a response? Did they give you your ex fico?

My denial letter mentioned I had a 700 FICO.

Immediate outright denial through phone.

:smileysad:

My TL : BCE AMEX 24k / Home Depot 16.5 K / CSP 16.5k / Barclays Arrival MC 15k / BoA 123 14k / Citi World 12.8k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Sig 10K / Citi AA 9.1k / Discover 9k / Freedom 5K / Best buy 2.4K/ Macy's Store 1.8K/ / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / Express 1.4K/ AE 0.4K
Valued Member
gallifrey

Oh wow thanks. Mine are 670s. I wonder if I was supposed to stay on the line with them. :-/
Regular Contributor
cutemarty1

Should I do a CLI again on July 27? 90 days after being denied on the initial 61-day mark on April 27 guys? Thanks for your input guys!

Regular Contributor
lanc

Make sure you have a 0 balance on the card.  I got denied recently after the 61day mark because I have a 2000 balance on a 7500 CL.  My EX score was 745 and got the same message about risk score.  I kind of thought it would be denied because I'm using about 30% util but decided to take advantage of the 12 month no apr and worry about the CLI later but was worth a shot.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+