Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI ODDS POST 61 DAY DAY DENIAL LAST MAY

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX CLI ODDS POST 61 DAY DAY DENIAL LAST MAY

Hello everyone! I hope everyone is doing well. I just have a question about the AMEX CLI since my 91 days are coming up in a few weeks. I'd really appreciate some inputs.  I know that AMEX usually makes their decisions, going by their Internal risk scoring factors vs. your actual credit profile. I applied for a CLI back in May when I reached 61 days, but got denied and the reasons back then were Internal risk score was high and that my Fico score from EX dropped from 742 to 735 to 692 when Discover and Amex got reported. Since then, my scores have been rebounding quite nicely between May through present. My question is, if say, I had two AMEX accounts, one revolver and one charge card and have used both responsibly (never late, always PIF), would their Internal scoring only take the AMEX revolver into account when deciding the CLI request, or would they also factor in my usage and behavior on my other AMEX account? I only have three revolvers, CAP1, Amex and Discover, plus the AMEX Green Charge card which I got approved for last April. My AAoA is 6 mos. and my oldest account is now at 11 mos. I am excited to find out if AMEX will consider granting me a limit increase this time around, crossing my fingers. Any inputs and advice are appreciated. Have a good day everyone.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: AMEX CLI ODDS POST 61 DAY DAY DENIAL LAST MAY

The short answer is that Amex will consider your activity and history on all of your Amex accounts, your EX credit report in general, income, known assets, and "other factors." If you're back in the low-mid-700s you should hopefully be good.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:
The short answer is that Amex will consider your activity and history on all of your Amex accounts, your EX credit report in general, income, known assets, and "other factors." If you're back in the low-mid-700s you should hopefully be good.

Thank you for the reply K-in-Boston, would you recommend me waiting till Sept. which will be my 6th month before requesting for the increase? My EX score has stayed the same from July till present, it sits as 727. I was waiting for it to rise a bit this month since I've had a recent CL increase reported by Discover in July, but so far it hasn't changed my score. My utlization reporting is always at 1% since I pay my transactions and leave a small balance to report on one or two accounts . Should I wait until my score goes up at least within the 730 or higher range before submitting the request. Thanks again for your feedback. 

Message 3 of 7
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone! I hope everyone is doing well. I just have a question about the AMEX CLI since my 91 days are coming up in a few weeks. I'd really appreciate some inputs.  I know that AMEX usually makes their decisions, going by their Internal risk scoring factors vs. your actual credit profile. I applied for a CLI back in May when I reached 61 days, but got denied and the reasons back then were Internal risk score was high and that my Fico score from EX dropped from 742 to 735 to 692 when Discover and Amex got reported. Since then, my scores have been rebounding quite nicely between May through present. My question is, if say, I had two AMEX accounts, one revolver and one charge card and have used both responsibly (never late, always PIF), would their Internal scoring only take the AMEX revolver into account when deciding the CLI request, or would they also factor in my usage and behavior on my other AMEX account? I only have three revolvers, CAP1, Amex and Discover, plus the AMEX Green Charge card which I got approved for last April. My AAoA is 6 mos. and my oldest account is now at 11 mos. I am excited to find out if AMEX will consider granting me a limit increase this time around, crossing my fingers. Any inputs and advice are appreciated. Have a good day everyone.

I would be interested to know if their internal scoring takes charge card history into consideration as well. I'm in the exact same boat as you, where my 61 day CLI was denied, and I'll be coming up on 90 days since that denial next week. I've been very good with my Amex revolvers, running them up to the limits and paying them off before the statement cuts (don't want to have a balance reporting on them). I've been putting a lot of spend through my charge card as well. I'm hoping to receive a 3x CLI on my BCE on Monday, and will probably close the ED, since I don't have any interest in juggling CLI's to get that limt higher. I'll just reapply for the card down the road if I need a place to store MR's 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I would be interested to know if their internal scoring takes charge card history into consideration as well. I'm in the exact same boat as you, where my 61 day CLI was denied, and I'll be coming up on 90 days since that denial next week. I've been very good with my Amex revolvers, running them up to the limits and paying them off before the statement cuts (don't want to have a balance reporting on them). I've been putting a lot of spend through my charge card as well. I'm hoping to receive a 3x CLI on my BCE on Monday, and will probably close the ED, since I don't have any interest in juggling CLI's to get that limt higher. I'll just reapply for the card down the road if I need a place to store MR's 

Sending you positive energy as you hit that CLI button next week! I am pretty sure your odds are good, based on your signature, based on what K had said, I think it would also take into account your Charge card with AMEX since, it is after all pay as agreed. I just want to get out of the low limit bucket because that also affects my credit profile. So hopefully it works out for you and me when we do decide to hit that CL button. Best of luck DeeBee78

Message 5 of 7
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Pooka89 did mention in DeeBee78's thread that the automatic account reviews don't happen until 6 months, so perhaps there may be better results after 6 months?

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Pooka89 did mention in DeeBee78's thread that the automatic account reviews don't happen until 6 months, so perhaps there may be better results after 6 months?

Thank you, I think I will wait for Sept. before I request for a CL increase. Appreciate your time and advice.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.