cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI Question

tag

AMEX CLI Question

Question for the forum:

I've had a AMEX Blue since 2004.  It was initially a Blue for Students card while I was in college.  Initial CL was $2,600.  

After I graduated, I PC'd to Blue, and now eventually BCE.  

My question is, I've bever received a CLI since I've had the card.  Carried high balances for a while, but never missed a payment.  I'd love to land the 3X CLI, but not much confidence considering my account's been unchanged for a long time.  

Any ideas?  Any reason to believe the luv button may yield results?  My best thought is the back door number to plead my case.  

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: AMEX CLI Question

Welcome to the forum.  Have you asked for a CLI? Amex rarely offers auto CLI's 

Message 2 of 13

Thanks for the reply.  

The only time I ever remember asking for a CLI was via the recorded message on the 800 number maybe 2 years ago.  I was probably carrying 50% balance at the time and didn't get it.  Other than that, I've never asked for a CLI.  

Would be nice though.  Basically my oldest account and I put all my monthlies on it.  Could be a great card going forward.  

Message 3 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

CLI's are SP's with Amex and if you haven't already done so, review the sticky in my Siggy.  I'm sure you are more than overdue. 

Message 4 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@StrictlyGolden wrote:

Thanks for the reply.  

The only time I ever remember asking for a CLI was via the recorded message on the 800 number maybe 2 years ago.  I was probably carrying 50% balance at the time and didn't get it.  Other than that, I've never asked for a CLI.  

Would be nice though.  Basically my oldest account and I put all my monthlies on it.  Could be a great card going forward.  

As long as your overall credit profile is in decnet shape, then it would be worth looking into.  Have you pulled your CRs recently?  This will help you auge if AMEX has SPd your file and kind of provide a barometer for CLI elegibility.

Message 5 of 13
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@StrictlyGolden wrote:

Question for the forum:

I've had a AMEX Blue since 2004.  It was initially a Blue for Students card while I was in college.  Initial CL was $2,600.  

After I graduated, I PC'd to Blue, and now eventually BCE.  

My question is, I've bever received a CLI since I've had the card.  Carried high balances for a while, but never missed a payment.  I'd love to land the 3X CLI, but not much confidence considering my account's been unchanged for a long time.  

Any ideas?  Any reason to believe the luv button may yield results?  My best thought is the back door number to plead my case.  

Thanks! 

Need more info to answer.

Things like

1. Credit Scores (of all 3 bureaus if possible)

2. Baddies

3. Mix of Credit

4. AAoA of other accounts

5. Credit Util for this card and over Credit Util Rate

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 6 of 13

1.  Haven't pulled scores in a while.  CK 680 FAKO.

2.  Only one VERY old medical collection baddie.  Never been late on a CC payment.

3.  I have it all.  High mortgage and Student Loan balances.

4.  AAoA - It's low(5>), but CC's are about 10.  This AMEX is 2004.

5.   Util on this card is 0.  Overall, ~55%.

Message 7 of 13
swpopham
Established Contributor

login online and do it!!!!

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 8 of 13
Beane
Regular Contributor

It's a soft pull.  I'd just go for it.  Worst case scenario, you'll have 90 days to improve your credit profile before you ask for another CLI.  Best case you'll have 3XCLI and 180 days to wait for the next.

FICO EQ: 733 TU: 727 CS FAKO EX: 737                                                                                               In the garden since 5/9/13
Message 9 of 13

Thoughts on the best way to go about the request?

Customer Service Number?

Backdoor Number?

Luv button? 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.