Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI Score/Utilization question

tag
glamchick
Established Contributor

AMEX CLI Score/Utilization question

I am been trying to search the board for these question and can't seem to find it.

Today I am at 61 days but I am hesitent to apply for the 3X CLI.    My Ex score is 694.  My Amex Utilization is 9% and my overall Utilization is 23%.

What is the score they are looking for?   And is my utilization to high?

Thanks for any advice.

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Physh1
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX CLI Score/Utilization question

i got my 3x cli at 40 days. I went from 8k to 24k. 1 statement had cut, 4 x $400 payments with PIF at cut date, had $300 on the card when I went for it...approved for $24k.

The cli is a soft pull using the last pull they used. As long as there hasn't been a significant change in your scores & you've made good use of the card with a few consistent payments your should be good.

Message 2 of 6
glamchick
Established Contributor

Oh awesome!    If its the last Experian pull then my score  is a little higher... low 700's

Yes, I've made lots of use and big payments.    And I have a $300 balance right now on the card as well.    Its been two statements for me so far and today is 61 days since I've had the card.

I am so excited they use the original pull.... my utilization was lower then too.

Im going for it!  Thanks Physh1!!

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 3 of 6
Physh1
Frequent Contributor

Amex soft pulls constantly throughout the time you have your cards as they also base future decisions on how your standing ios with other creditors.

As far as the cli goes, while there are no guarentees, looks like you're in good shape to try.

Message 4 of 6
glamchick
Established Contributor

I got it!!   OMG I am sooooo shocked.  I really thought it would be a denial.

Thanks so much for the confidence Physh1!!!

Have an awesome day!

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 5 of 6
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

In the future they use the same score you see online when you login to your account.  There's a couple of days delay in the update from when they send it to the CRA and showing up online but, nonetheless they use that score.

Congrats and see you again in 181 days.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.