Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI (W00T)

tag
ChemGuy
Frequent Contributor

AMEX CLI (W00T)

So,

I bit the bullet, called AMEX for a CLI (yup, I was just that stupid).

$300 balance on Blue cash w/ 3K limit.  Still have lots of bad stuff on the CR, but no problems for the past 5 years, and never a problem on 2yo AMEX.

Asked for $5K, sure that it was going to be a ding.  Put in HHI (by the way, it specifically states that only if you are 21 do you have to use individual income)

BAM, got it automatically using the automated system.  By the way, I don't have the request for credit increase button on my account.

I'm so upset I didn't ask for more.  But, then again, I'm simply grateful that AMEX has finally loosened the noose from around my neck!!!!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
ChemGuy
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX CLI (W00T)

I was even sent an email response guiding me to an official decision letter stating that the increase has been approved, so the computer was not a fluke!

Message 2 of 15
tray
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your cli.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 3 of 15
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@ChemGuy wrote:

BAM, got it automatically using the automated system.  By the way, I don't have the request for credit increase button on my account.

If you don't have the button, how did you do this on the computer?

I've been thinking about trying it on my AmEx since it just had it's 1st birthday. I did get one from 2k to 6k after only a couple of months, but had to send in some tax forms for that. My DH is self-employed, so we have to send in proof of income quite often.

Message 4 of 15
DI
Super Contributor

Congrats!  I only asked for $900 during a recent CLI.  I was only thinking about getting my overall credit limits to $30,000.  Wish I had asked for more since I have to wait another six months.  I stated with $2000,  That increased to $2600 after two months.  Now I'm at $3500.

Message 5 of 15
DI
Super Contributor

@LynetteM wrote:

@ChemGuy wrote:

If you don't have the button, how did you do this on the computer?

I've been thinking about trying it on my AmEx since it just had it's 1st birthday. I did get one from 2k to 6k after only a couple of months, but had to send in some tax forms for that. My DH is self-employed, so we have to send in proof of income quite often.

Lynette-  I didn't have the button when I requested my first CLI two months after having the card and doing a PC.  I sent an email inquiring about a CLI.  Right before the email was suppose to go through, suggestion answers popped up and one was the CLI link.    I got approved instantly, but it came with an error message.  I had to call customer service  for them to update my CLI  manually. 

Message 6 of 15
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

@ChemGuy wrote:

So,

I bit the bullet, called AMEX for a CLI (yup, I was just that stupid).

OP called the Customer Service number and requested it. It's similar to the Discover menu for CLI's.

I called Amex back in November and selected the CLI option and it took me from $2K to the requested $5K. The request a line increase button stares back at me every time I log in. Hmm, is it time to spin again?

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 7 of 15
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Thanks guys...I got confused when he said he called...but that he was approved by the "automated system."

It seems to me that when I call I simply get a CSR. I don't remember having options. I have the option online at this point, but I was just curious.

Message 8 of 15
ChemGuy
Frequent Contributor

Yes Lynnette, I called and used the CLI option on the phone.  The system handled and processed the request, I was not transferred to a CSR.  That's what I meant by "automated". 

Also, my EQ FICO is 677 TU is 684.

Message 9 of 15
Ron1
Super Contributor

I also asked for CLI for my Costco Amex over the phone yesterday. I only asked for $1K CLI and they increased CL from 2K to 3K. They approved it instantly without talking to anyone.

Ron.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.