AMEX CLI after AUTO CLI

tag
Lin55
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX CLI after AUTO CLI

@AC0308 wrote:

@chrisre wrote:

Good Morning,

My girlfriend has the Amex Delta card and this month marks her 12th month with the AMEX card. She was originally approved for $1,000 and last month she was auto-cli'd to $2,000.

I'm familiar with the 61 day rule and having to wait 6-months after a manual-cli request. Does the 6-month rule apply when they auto-cli or can she now apply for $6,000 instead of $3,000 (the original approval)?

Thank you for your help.

I just had this happen to me a few weeks ago. Auto bumped from 2 to 3k. That same day I asked for a 3x CLI from 3 to 9K. They countered at 8,700k and I accepted!

Not sure if they always do that, but it worked for me! At the time of the bump they had just soft pulled me and my score was hovering around 730 with Experian.

This is just too funny. You asked for 3x CLI from 3K to 9K, but they couldn't give you 9K, they went with 8.7K instead. LOL

Message 11 of 14
AC0308
Established Member

@Lin55 wrote:

@AC0308 wrote:

@chrisre wrote:

Good Morning,

My girlfriend has the Amex Delta card and this month marks her 12th month with the AMEX card. She was originally approved for $1,000 and last month she was auto-cli'd to $2,000.

I'm familiar with the 61 day rule and having to wait 6-months after a manual-cli request. Does the 6-month rule apply when they auto-cli or can she now apply for $6,000 instead of $3,000 (the original approval)?

Thank you for your help.

I just had this happen to me a few weeks ago. Auto bumped from 2 to 3k. That same day I asked for a 3x CLI from 3 to 9K. They countered at 8,700k and I accepted!

Not sure if they always do that, but it worked for me! At the time of the bump they had just soft pulled me and my score was hovering around 730 with Experian.

This is just too funny. You asked for 3x CLI from 3K to 9K, but they couldn't give you 9K, they went with 8.7K instead. LOL

I know!!  I was just so happy it didn't just say decline! haha I thought the 300 dollar counter was weird lol. The next day I went to Costco and got my TrueEarnings card that I was waiting to apply for and got that too.

Amex Blue Sky - $8,700
Discover IT - $4,500
Amex TrueEarnings - 3,500
Elan Financial - $2,000
CapitalOne - $1,250
Chase Slate - $1,200
Message 12 of 14
Vegas247
Established Contributor

@colinstu wrote:

@Vegas247 wrote:

@chrisre wrote:

Good Morning,

Thank you for your help.

Why didn't she get her 61 day 3x cli?

Because she didn't request one?? pretty simple lol. She would have to initiate it as well as ask for how much the CLI should be for. A year rolled by and she didn't do anything... Amex went ahead and gave her a cli anyways. I've never heard of Amex giving out auto CLIs... not sure how it would affect the CLI timer! Curious to hear what can happen.

Well she should be at 9k right now and 2 more months (61days+6months+6months) she should be somewhere into 5 digits...someone wasn't paying attention...LOL If she only goes for 6k, then she is still short the money she should or could have.

$600 Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit $6500 Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $30k credit card16k Chase Freedom® - $200 Bonus12k VSiggy
Message 13 of 14
chrisre
Valued Member

Thank you all for your help.

She's not very adventurous with her credit or inquiries. I've been trying to convince her to CLI for about a month. Now that I know CLI's are SP's it should be much easier. Also, now that I'm an authorized user I have more to gain from her surpassing 10k available. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 565
Current Score: EQ: 660 TU: 659 EX: 683
Goal Score: 680

NFCU CashRewards $8,500 NFCU NavCheck: $3,000 CFECU: $2,000 Chase UNITED: $1,500 Chase Freedom: $1,000 Chase Amazon: $500 AMEX Delta: $2,000 (AU) Navy
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.