Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI experts----HELP!

tag
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

AMEX CLI experts----HELP!

I applied and was approved for the Delta Skymiles (CL:$2000) and BCE (CL:$2000) within a week of each other.  I'm approaching the 61 day CLI request date for both, and have been scouring the AMEX threads trying to figure out the following:

1.  First, can I ask for a CLI for both of the cards, or only one? 

2.  Assuming I can only do one card at a time, how long will I have to wait to request a CLI on the other?

3.  I'm already thinking about PC'ing the BCE to the ED or EDP...do I need to wait a year to do this?  Has anyone been able to do this sooner? 

4.  Is a PC considered the same as a CLI (meaning if I request a PC, do I forefit the right to simultaneously request a CLI)?

In 1.5 months, I have already put >$2000 thru each card and PIF everything (I know AMEX does not like balances).  So hopefully my usage is enough to qualify for 3X CLI.

One more question:  For those with ED/EDP, would you consider them better cards than the BCE?  So far, my #1 'everyday' card has been the Sallie Mae, with BCE getting use after I hit my grocery limits (it helps that SM considers Walmart/Target as "groceries").  I would anticipate using the Everyday in a similar fashion.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Genkeim
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX CLI experts----HELP!

1: Only one

2: 90 days if denied, 6 months if approved

3: Yes, need to have account open for 12 months before a PC

4: No, they're different 

Can't help with the ED/BCE comparision, I just have a BCE

NFCU NavCheck $15k | NFCU cashRewards $12.5k | NFCU goRewards $12.5k |AMEX SPG $10k | Citi AA WEMC $6.5k | CSP $5k | Wal-Mart MC $4.5k | US Air WMC $3.9k | Amex Everyday $2k | Amex BCE $2k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $800
Current Scores:Equifax 697 (myFICO 4/14), TransUnion 699 (Discover 5/14), Experian 754 (Amex 5/14)
Message 2 of 12
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@Genkeim wrote:

1: Only one

2: 90 days if denied, 6 months if approved

3: Yes, need to have account open for 12 months before a PC

4: No, they're different 

Can't help with the ED/BCE comparision, I just have a BCE

+1. 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 3 of 12
ceemee2203
Regular Contributor

Edit: nevermind. Apparently that's changed.

Current Cards: AMEX Everyday ($15k), AMEX BCE ($20k), Amex Platinum, Arrival ($11.5k), Merrill+ ($7.5k), Freedom ($5k), Double Cash ($6.5k)

2/16 - 864 Fico EQ (CITI); 818 Fico Ex (AMEX)
Message 4 of 12
Josh2942
Established Contributor

Thats not true. I had my blue card open for five months and they offered me a pc to the blue sky miles and blue cash everyday

Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 5 of 12
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@Josh2942 wrote:

Thats not true. I had my blue card open for five months and they offered me a pc to the blue sky miles and blue cash everyday

No welcome bonus if you get take the PC offer.  My Delta Gold is about 5months now and i've asked to see if there's a PC offer (online chat) and was offered a number of cards, but didn't take as no welcome bonus included.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 6 of 12
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

Thanks everyone.  I'm kind of torn as to which card I will ask for the CLI.  

It would have been a no-brainer a couple of months ago (BCE).  But now I am leaning towards the Delta Skymiles due to their new 'no foregin transaction fees' policy.  I'm traveling to Europe this summer, and would love to have a decent CLI to cover hotels, restaurants, car rental, etc.   I know AMEX is less accepted in Europe than here, but I will have my CapOne as back-up for merchants/locations that do not take it (CapOne is also no FTF).

Message 7 of 12
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

@Josh2942 wrote:

No welcome bonus if you get take the PC offer.  My Delta Gold is about 5months now and i've asked to see if there's a PC offer (online chat) and was offered a number of cards, but didn't take as no welcome bonus included.

That's good to know, yude.  I had always assumed I would have to wait a year on Skymiles since I'm sure they'd like to collect the AF from me.  Was the ED/EDP one of the cards offered to you?

Message 8 of 12
mnosal9
Regular Contributor

I did a PC from Delta to BCE after about 3 months.

Starting: 6/2012 : EX: 485(FAKO) EQ: 490(FICO) Trans: 482(FAKO)
Current : 4/2014: EX: 650(FICO) EQ: 664 (FICO) Trans: 681 (FICO)

Cards: NPSL Amex Green (AU), $11500 Discover IT, $4000 Quicksilver One, $3500 Bank of America Travel Rewards,$3000 Amex BCE,$3000 Quicksilver One, $3000 AA, $2500 Sallie Mae MC, $5000 Citibank AA, $1500 Barclay, $1200 Macys
~Back to the Garden~

Goal Score: 700 Across!

Gardening til 8/2014!!
Message 9 of 12
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@Dw4250 wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

@Josh2942 wrote:

That's good to know, yude.  I had always assumed I would have to wait a year on Skymiles since I'm sure they'd like to collect the AF from me.  Was the ED/EDP one of the cards offered to you?

I thought so, too.  I've asked for the PC option right before ED/EDP was available to app so i didn't ask about the ED/EDP.  Below is the thread that I've had w/ AMEX in regards.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/LIVE-on-Friday-Night-w-AMEX-CSR/m-p/2913172#M826990

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.