tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX CLI question

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yay!!! Dad's new CL is now at $9,900 from $2,100. You guys are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats.  He was able to get more than 3X?  Did he do it via the CLI link on the account page?

Yes, it was through the CLI link on the account page. He asked for 12k and they countered with 9.9K. He has had the card since 96..I am thinking of becoming an AU on the account. How will that help me? It will be my highest limit.

Thanks for the info.  That's good to know that they're giving out more than 3X.

It will help you with your overall utilization. So if you carry some balances on your other cards your score won't get hit by too high of a utilization percentage.

Sounds like a win-win. Thanks!

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yay!!! Dad's new CL is now at $9,900 from $2,100. You guys are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats.  He was able to get more than 3X?  Did he do it via the CLI link on the account page?

Yes, it was through the CLI link on the account page. He asked for 12k and they countered with 9.9K. He has had the card since 96..I am thinking of becoming an AU on the account. How will that help me? It will be my highest limit.

It will help you with your overall utilization. So if you carry some balances on your other cards your score won't get hit by too high of a utilization percentage.

Yes it is :-)

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes it is :-)

Whats the best time to get added as an AU? Now or should i wait a week?

Message 13 of 17
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Whats the best time to get added as an AU? Now or should i wait a week?

The best time is always yesterday Smiley Happy

Congrats on the increase. Nice util change from over 30% to lower than 10%. I hope it stays that way and that will help you. Remember that there is no piggyback with Amex AU, it will report as a new tradeline lowering your AAoA, but I think it will help you more with your util and having higher limits reported.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Newhis- thank you. I was hoping to take advantage of the AAoA. Can't afford to lower my AAoA😞 currently, I'm at 5 years.. What cards can I piggyback off? Walmart?
Message 15 of 17
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Newhis- thank you. I was hoping to take advantage of the AAoA. Can't afford to lower my AAoA😞 currently, I'm at 5 years.. What cards can I piggyback off? Walmart?

I read that most of the cards that report AUs put the open card date instead of the date you were added as AU.

Amex is different because they give a new card number to each AU, that's why they report the open date as the date the AU is added.

I'm no AAoA expert to know how many points that will increase or decrease your score. You can be added to an Amex, see the results with your score, if you don't like it, then ask to be removed as AU in a couple of months and dispute the TL to the bureaus. I think the benefit of having an Amex (even as AU) in your case is worth it but I'm not 100% sure. In 6-12 months you can get your own Amex with a good SL. Good luck.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

if you're put as an AU and thats your highest limit, when your other card companies see it on your report will they start raising their limits as well? to try to match..?
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.