Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX - CLI request met with 4506

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: AMEX - CLI request met with 4506

@austinguy907 wrote:

You've hit the internal limit of $34.5K w/o a 4506 whcih is why you're seeing it. I know people tend to say there's no such thing but, your numbers line up perfectly with what others have experienced.  I ran into the 4506 request when going above 30K which didicn't even require one from the fabeled $25K or else threads.  It's a painless process now with it all online and DocuSign the form and hit submit.  It took them 3 days to send it, get it back, review it, and approve it.  While I wouldn't do the same for most other "banks" AMEX does their own processing and it paid off well with another $20K in CL.

Glad it worked.   My last attempt was very different!   I submitted it and didn't hear anything.  I eventually called, was told it had been denied, then was told that it hadn't been, just timed out because the IRS didn't deliver the info in time.   I was told to try again.   I did it two more times and each time heard nothing.   Then they gave me an auto-CLI!  That said, many others at the same sort of time reported no issues.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

Out of curiosity, why would you two never provide a 4506T for a higher CL? A bank issuing you a credit limit is them essentially issuing you a loan that is completely unsecured. All they are doing is making sure they make a sound financial choice. 

I completely understand if it is a privacy issue but by no means is it absurd for them to protect themselves by way of a 4506T when considering lending $25,000 + of unsecured money. 

They have the right to verify income for sure.  There are other reliable ways that are far less invasive. 

My exact reason as well. 

Message 12 of 14
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Glad it worked.   My last attempt was very different!   I submitted it and didn't hear anything.  I eventually called, was told it had been denied, then was told that it hadn't been, just timed out because the IRS didn't deliver the info in time.   I was told to try again.   I did it two more times and each time heard nothing.   Then they gave me an auto-CLI!  That said, many others at the same sort of time reported no issues.

It did take me a few tries until I got pissed off about the process and called them.  Turns out I kept missing things like the checkbox before the signature or some other little field that they would end up just discarding the form.  I went on chat and got the new accounts # 800-535-7790 and they told me exactly what the issue was.  I went back with the same ref# and filled it out and triple checked that I hit all of the options on the form before hitting submit and voila it went through and approved in 3 days.  Kicking myself I wished I had called them on it several months before when it didn't go through at that point.  

Message 13 of 14
trant3
Established Contributor

they will not accept paystubs nor W-2's, went thru FR myself

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.