cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI request, starting cl of 10k....

tag
c3troop
New Contributor

AMEX CLI request, starting cl of 10k....

How much do I ask for? I heard they won't do over 25k without some special request?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX CLI request, starting cl of 10k....

Ask for 30, they will counter if they won't allow it.

Message 2 of 7
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

There was a recent thread about someone having a 16k CL and asking for 33k CLI and it was instantly approved, YMMV.... since its only 61days you can play it safe and ask for 20k  then after 6 months ask for 30k, Not sure how the automated CLI option works when your card is already over 25k... I wish I had the CL so that I could find out, dare to dream, dare to dream. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 3 of 7
c3troop
New Contributor

I wish I would have known about this forum before. I have an amex bce I did a cli a couple months ago to 20 and I could have asked for more. That's why I want to get a sure fire answer before I do a cli on the blue sky.
Message 4 of 7
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

Since you just got a CLI on one of you AMEX cards, you aren't eligible for a CLI until six months from the last CLI. I believe the telephone system states that increases are limited to a maximum of 3X or $25k, although there have been reports of higher limits being granted.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 5 of 7
c3troop
New Contributor

Well that's good info I didn't have. would they take some of the credit line from my bce and apply to my sky?
Message 6 of 7
MustangSaluki
Regular Contributor

@c3troop wrote:
Well that's good info I didn't have. would they take some of the credit line from my bce and apply to my sky?

They will re-allocate from a card only after completion of 13 statement cycles.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.