Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
New Contributor

AMEX CLI request, starting cl of 10k....

How much do I ask for? I heard they won't do over 25k without some special request?
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX CLI request, starting cl of 10k....

Ask for 30, they will counter if they won't allow it.

Starting Score Myfico EQ: 676 08/11/2011
Current Score: Amazon EQ Pull: 781 Walmart TU08: 782 AMEX EX Pull: 745 08/03/2014 Goal Score: 780+
Hover over image to see limits

NPSL$1,000$18,000$9,500$5,000$5,000$5,500$8,000$5,300$9,000$5,500$4,200$1,900$4,000$1,600
Valued Contributor

There was a recent thread about someone having a 16k CL and asking for 33k CLI and it was instantly approved, YMMV.... since its only 61days you can play it safe and ask for 20k  then after 6 months ask for 30k, Not sure how the automated CLI option works when your card is already over 25k... I wish I had the CL so that I could find out, dare to dream, dare to dream. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSP 10k & Freedom 6.6k & Amtrak 4.6k, FNBO DISC 14.9k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 6k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 12k Sally Mae5k Sams Club MC 10k, Paypal Extras MC 6k, CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 5k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 7k, HHonors Gold 1k (moved 5k CL to Simplicity), Discover IT 10k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP/HP 4/22/2015
New Contributor

I wish I would have known about this forum before. I have an amex bce I did a cli a couple months ago to 20 and I could have asked for more. That's why I want to get a sure fire answer before I do a cli on the blue sky.
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Since you just got a CLI on one of you AMEX cards, you aren't eligible for a CLI until six months from the last CLI. I believe the telephone system states that increases are limited to a maximum of 3X or $25k, although there have been reports of higher limits being granted.

________________________________________________________________________________
New Contributor

Well that's good info I didn't have. would they take some of the credit line from my bce and apply to my sky?
Regular Contributor

c3troop wrote:
Well that's good info I didn't have. would they take some of the credit line from my bce and apply to my sky?

They will re-allocate from a card only after completion of 13 statement cycles.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.