Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI's with multiple cards

tag
TatorTodd
Regular Contributor

AMEX CLI's with multiple cards

I'm pretty sure this has been asked numerous times, but i couldnt find the exact details in the search feature.

Amex gives only 1 CLI per a 6 months, regardless to however many cards you have, correct?

I just want to confirm that is also relevent to the 61 day CLI.  For example, I did the 61 day cli on 1 card, and then was approved for 2 additional cards.  I would need to wait an entire 6 months of THOSE cards opening, to request....am i right? 

Thanks in advance for the clarification.

NCFU Flagship(80k) DC Elite (40k) Cash Sapphire Preferred(38k) DC Premier (30k) NFCU CashRewards (25k) USAA Amex (22k) USAA MasterCard (16k) Barclay Arrival+ Elite (15k) Nordstrom (15k) BofA Rewards (12.5k) 4 Amices (50k)

As of 10/13/14
Experian: 787 - EquiFax: 798 - TU: 789
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX CLI's with multiple cards

@TatorTodd wrote:

I'm pretty sure this has been asked numerous times, but i couldnt find the exact details in the search feature.

Amex gives only 1 CLI per a 6 months, regardless to however many cards you have, correct?

I just want to confirm that is also relevent to the 61 day CLI.  For example, I did the 61 day cli on 1 card, and then was approved for 2 additional cards.  I would need to wait an entire 6 months of THOSE cards opening, to request....am i right? 

I am not 100% sure but everytime you get new card resets the clock. I am not sure if you just have to wait 61 days for first cli attempt on one of the new cards. Maybe one of the amex afficanodos will know more. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 7
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

I believe the rule to be one requested CLI during a six month period across all cards. The card must be 61 days old and you can't have been denied a CLI in the last 90 days.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 3 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@TatorTodd wrote:

To be eligible for a CLI, you must wait 61 days  and then, 180 days from the date of approval for all cc's. 

In your example, since you were already given a CLI on Card A, you are Ineligible to receive additional CLI on subsequent accts until 180 days from the approval of Card A

Message 4 of 7
TatorTodd
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the clear answers

NCFU Flagship(80k) DC Elite (40k) Cash Sapphire Preferred(38k) DC Premier (30k) NFCU CashRewards (25k) USAA Amex (22k) USAA MasterCard (16k) Barclay Arrival+ Elite (15k) Nordstrom (15k) BofA Rewards (12.5k) 4 Amices (50k)

As of 10/13/14
Experian: 787 - EquiFax: 798 - TU: 789
Message 5 of 7
osbranger

I just got off the phone with AMEX.

I asked for a 3x CLI and they granted it immediately while using a soft pull on my CR.

I was told that I cannot get another CLI for 6 months on any card. You may want to call and ask but thats what I was told this morning.

~OSB

Message 6 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@TatorTodd wrote:

Don't overlook the stickies.  The 3x CLI Guide is linked in the Helpful Threads sticky at the top of this subofurm (as well as Lexie's signature).  It's also the very first hit when I Google "3x CLI".

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.