Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI...thoughts

tag
Platinum25
New Contributor

AMEX CLI...thoughts

Here's the breakdown of my account.  Opened 10/05 with a 2k CL, called a month or two later and had it bumped to 4k.  May of this year they increased to 8k for me, without my request.  Then in July they up'd it again to 12k, again not per my request.  I want to CLI to get at least to 20k, just to make it look good.  I'm wondering if I should do it or wait, since it's been less than 6 months since my last CLI (even though it's been well over a year since i've initiated the CLI.)  What does everyone think?

TIA.
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
rezultsbydebi
Valued Member

Re: AMEX CLI...thoughts

what is your credit score????
Message 2 of 19
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Your FICO EX score, if nothing else, but it needs to FICO...
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 19
Platinum25
New Contributor

The last time I bought my Fico's were mid Sept but as of then they were:

TU: 668
EQ:  710
EX:  680
Message 4 of 19
fused
Moderator Emeritus

ChiTownTimmay wrote:
The last time I bought my Fico's were mid Sept but as of then they were:

TU: 668
EQ:  710
EX:  680

What is your current util% on this Amex card as well as all of your other revolving accounts? Also, how good is your payment history on all CCs. These factors count just as much as scores.
Message 5 of 19
Platinum25
New Contributor

All of my CC's are between 1-15% util right now, i only have about a $200 bal on my AMEX currently.  I try to PIF as much as possible but I'm always sending in a lot more than the min.  I haven't made a late payment on any credit line in over 6 years.  Thanks.
Message 6 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

go online and request it through website... it shoots back instant... i bet you get it!
let us know
Message 7 of 19
fused
Moderator Emeritus

ChiTownTimmay wrote:
All of my CC's are between 1-15% util right now, i only have about a $200 bal on my AMEX currently.  I try to PIF as much as possible but I'm always sending in a lot more than the min.  I haven't made a late payment on any credit line in over 6 years.  Thanks.

I say go for the gusto!

Message 8 of 19
Platinum25
New Contributor

What should I ask them to increase it to?  I'm at 12K right now, with a HHI this year at 140k.

Thanks.
Message 9 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

$20 or even 25k like you want
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.