Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI...thoughts

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX CLI...thoughts

ChiTownTimmay wrote:
What should I ask them to increase it to?  I'm at 12K right now, with a HHI this year at 140k.

Thanks.

Does a FR worry you? If not, 25K is good.
Message 11 of 19
Platinum25
New Contributor

I'm a little concerned about the F/R.  Not because I don't think I'll pass it, I haven't given any false information, I just don't like the idea of going to use my AMEX and then all of a sudden it's denied and I look like a fool. 
Message 12 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

from what other people have been reporting, it doesn't look like they do the FR until you clear 25k limit
Message 13 of 19
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Creditaddict wrote:
from what other people have been reporting, it doesn't look like they do the FR until you clear 25k limit

Yes, this is widely considered to be one of the triggers for a FR.
Message 14 of 19
Platinum25
New Contributor

Then I'll just shoot for 20k and see what happens.

Thanks all!
Message 15 of 19
Platinum25
New Contributor

Well, I did it.  I didn't want to get greedy though, because as much as I know I'll pass an FR that still doesn't mean I want to fall victim to one.  Smiley Happy  I went for 17,000, 5k more than my limit now and got it.  So, of course, I'm thinking to myself that I should have gone for 20k just to see if I would get it or not, but that's ok.  I'm happy now!  Thanks to all for the input!
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should have went for 20,000.

But no looking back now.

Just wait for 6 months and go for 22,000!
Message 17 of 19
dangphuocloc72
Frequent Contributor

Smiley Happy I open Amex on 9/07 cl 1000 I keep hit lov button 5 time in 2 month for cl uup , they keep say no . final today I hit love again my cl now 2500 . " last month max out my CL 1000 and then sent the check to them on 11/02/07 befor they close 11/05/07 also I add my wife ( she very bad credit . score 400 ) they approve for her " I am very happy now , I should wait for next month ask My CL up again , thanks you guys .
Message 18 of 19
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

dangphuocloc72 wrote:
Smiley Happy I open Amex on 9/07 cl 1000 I keep hit lov button 5 time in 2 month for cl uup , they keep say no . final today I hit love again my cl now 2500 . " last month max out my CL 1000 and then sent the check to them on 11/02/07 befor they close 11/05/07 also I add my wife ( she very bad credit . score 400 ) they approve for her " I am very happy now , I should wait for next month ask My CL up again , thanks you guys .

Congratulations! I hadn't seen your name around recently--glad to hear that everything's going well.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.