Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI w/ 2 year Old 30-day Late

tag
EW800
Valued Contributor

AMEX CLI w/ 2 year Old 30-day Late

Hello Friends,  

I have been reading quite a bit about the Amex 3x CLI deal.  I currently have a $6.1K CL with them.  I am not looking for anything like 3X, however I was just wondering how likely it would be that they would even consider giving me an increase with the fact that I have a 30-day late with them from exactly two years ago.  Not sure how the 3-day late happened, but obviously kicking myself now.  Would having a 30-day late from two years ago with them pretty much kill the chances?  I have $0 balance with them, usually charing $100 to $200 a monthe with them, and PIF.  

Thanks!  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Involver
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX CLI w/ 2 year Old 30-day Late

It's a SP and the worst they can say is no.  

I'm guessing your chances aren't fantastic, though.

Message 2 of 5
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@Involver wrote:

It's a SP and the worst they can say is no.  

I'm guessing your chances aren't fantastic, though.

Sounds about right. However, what do you have to lose?

Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

At 2 years the 30 day late has pretty mich stopped affecting your FICO, I would GW them first on that late and then try the CLI.

Message 4 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Yeah, that said, I got both a 31 and 181 day 3X CLI (ask for the 3X, as someone said worst case they say no) with a 30/60 late on an old BOFA tradeline from 2 years and few months, and then 2 years and roughly 8 months at the CLI request date.

They may care more on their own tradeline, they may not, but if you got righteous with them, Amex appears to be pretty forgiving and you haven't been blacklisted so you don't have anything to lose.

        
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.