Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI - woohoo!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: AMEX CLI - woohoo!

I just logged in and did search and it says all cardholders situations are different therefore all requests have to be done on the phone. sigh
Message 11 of 19
DI
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:
I just logged in and did search and it says all cardholders situations are different therefore all requests have to be done on the phone. sigh

That's a sign your account isn't eligible for a CLI yet.  If you call to request one, it may result in a hard inquiry.  I got the same results.  But when I searched in October, I got the CLI link.  

Message 12 of 19
wajj
Contributor

@DI wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

That's a sign your account isn't eligible for a CLI yet.  If you call to request one, it may result in a hard inquiry.  I got the same results.  But when I searched in October, I got the CLI link.  

YMMV.

I haven't had a CLI button on my account since Spetember and was denied for a CLI in August using the online button.  Called in last week and requested a CLI through their automated service.  Didn't get the 2.5x increase I asked for but did get a 50% increase w/o a hard inquiry.  Better than nothing Smiley Happy

So, if its been awhile since your last CLI or if you have had the card long enough (I had mine for 10 months), go ahead, call in, and give it a shot.

Message 13 of 19
Zar
Regular Contributor

That's right, I've had my card for 1 year and 9 months and I never asked for a CLI until last Friday, I asked almost 3x my previous limit and they gave it to me. I have never ran a balance.

Good luck!

Zar Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same story here.  Used to see the LUV button on the statement screen online but that disappeared when I hit it at the 6 mth mark and was denied the CLI.  No LUV according to the CSR due to 2004 90 day late on my report.  He said that no LUV could be granted until those lates disappear based on my current CL. After reading this thread, I threw caution to the wind and called via telephone yesterday and boom- doubled my CL.  (Blue Cash now at 13 mth mark.  Never kept utilization above 10% and mostly PIF'd the whole year.  I usually PIF before the statement cuts but Amex seems to keep changing the statement cut date and I missed a couple months).
Message 15 of 19
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

I called for a CLI after 4 months. They gave me the 3x and there was no hard pull. We had to provide income verification because my husband's self-employed...but that was painless.
Message 16 of 19
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I used the online button and asked for 2X ($2.5 --> $5K.) Got it immediately; didn't need to fax anything or answer questions. I'd had this particular Blue for 9 months, I think it was, and I had a Gold for a year before that.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 17 of 19
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

Everyone seems to know about the Discover magic phone option #5, but I never knew that Amex has one too.

I got up the courage to call in last month to ask for one, and then got the menu option. I was issued $2,000 in June 2008. Knowing that the limit is 3X, I just picked $5,000, and it asked for income (my income is not that special) and then it said, "Congratulations, you now have $5,000!"

It was very nerve-wracking, but quite painless. Of course, since they report at the end of the month last month's status, it still is not reported. I guess it will show up in January.

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 18 of 19
ma_fico
Regular Contributor

Mine disappeared too, but I think it's because I just got a Costco Amex.  They figure that that's more than enough new credit from them to me.  Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.