Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI

tag
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

AMEX CLI

Hey guys,

Today is my 62nd day I think and I'm going for 3x CLI. Anything I need to know before I do it or just go in there and ask for $6k (they started me at $2k don't ask me why)? I used it a good bit the past two months and I let it cut at 80% utilization which obviously isn't hard to do with a low limit and then paid it right off. Hope everything goes well. I will post back either way. 

Thanks

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX CLI

Just push the button!!  Good luck!!

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 2 of 19
glamchick
Established Contributor

curios to know what happened???

I apply for mine 3x next month.

Thanks.

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Credit_hawk wrote:

Hey guys,

Today is my 62nd day I think and I'm going for 3x CLI. Anything I need to know before I do it or just go in there and ask for $6k (they started me at $2k don't ask me why)? I used it a good bit the past two months and I let it cut at 80% utilization which obviously isn't hard to do with a low limit and then paid it right off. Hope everything goes well. I will post back either way. 

Thanks

today was 61 day since account creation but 62 days since i applied for the card. I guess it's because of the time i applied? 3x worked. i made sure i paid off the balance the day before so im showing 0.00 balance right now. instantly approved for 6k.

another question.... is it possible to ask for more than 3? or is it 3 because it's "usually guaranteed"

Message 4 of 19
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Credit_hawk wrote:

Hey guys,

Thanks

today was 61 day since account creation but 62 days since i applied for the card. I guess it's because of the time i applied? 3x worked. i made sure i paid off the balance the day before so im showing 0.00 balance right now. instantly approved for 6k.

another question.... is it possible to ask for more than 3? or is it 3 because it's "usually guaranteed"

They never give more than 3x for a customer initiated request (you can ask for more but they will counter).   3 is far from "usually guaranteed" but at lower CLs quite common

Message 5 of 19
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

Hey guys,

I just was able to log in and try it and it worked! Took less than a minute total and was approved for 3X CL--$6,000. Today was my 62nd day from application/instant approval. My EX FICO is 767.

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

thats a question I have, but I guess you have answered it, is it 61 days from app or from activation of the card.

I hope to have 690 EX score by the time I ask for a CLI

Message 7 of 19
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

thats a question I have, but I guess you have answered it, is it 61 days from app or from activation of the card.

I hope to have 690 EX score by the time I ask for a CLI

I'm glad I answered your question. I tried to put as much info in there as I could to help all who were coming up on their 61. I wasn't sure about what the first day was considered either so I hope I answered that for you

Message 8 of 19
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Congrats!!

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Today is Day 61, and I increased my income (I've picked up some new clients since I initially applied) just before applying for 3x cli. I requested $6k, up from $2k, and they countered with $4K. A bit disappointed, but I've opened several new accounts, including a new car loan, since initially getting the card. My FICO took the hits from applying for all that new credit, and hasn't quite rebounded, so I'm not surprised. Looking forward to six months from now, when the impact of those HPs isn't as great, and I can try again!

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.