Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX CLI!

Just got an increase on my AMEX BLUE from 1500 to 4500 (soft pull). Asked for 5k, but the rep told me, it could not be more than 3 times of my current CL. Looks like they are not that bad even today)

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
DI
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX CLI!

@Anonymous wrote:

Just got an increase on my AMEX BLUE from 1500 to 4500 (soft pull). Asked for 5k, but the rep told me, it could not be more than 3 times of my current CL. Looks like they are not that bad even today)

Congrats! How long have you had the card?

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 years and I never got a CLI when I asked. They said my credit history was too short
Message 3 of 17
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
2 years and I never got a CLI when I asked. They said my credit history was too short

I just logged into my account to submit a CLI.  I was approved for $600 CLI which bring my CL to $2600. No inquiry resulted. I opened the account this past August.

Message Edited by DI on 10-30-2009 04:06 PM
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

the CLI button on my Blue Account has been disappeared. Seriously they remove it off my account..Gosh I'm really embarrassed for this!
Message 5 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

CreditCard101 wrote:
the CLI button on my Blue Account has been disappeared. Seriously they remove it off my account..Gosh I'm really embarrassed for this!

Cheer up, I don't seem to have one either. Not that I'm certain where it would be... Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 17
DI
Super Contributor

The luv button is hidden within the website probably due to technical errors. 
Message 7 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Oh, OK, never mind; I found it. CLI to $5K (from $2.5K, so X2.)

It wasn't where I thought it would be, on the Manage Cards and Limits tab. It was on the Credit and Balance Transfers tab instead (go figure.) Look under the Line of Credit option and click Increase Line of Credit.

Brace yourself, because it will ask for income and hint at the possibility of an FR. This time I just used my personal income instead of HHI, so it was lower than before. This is not to say that an e-mail won't arrive momentarily...

eta: to get to these options, go to your Summary of Accounts page. Look over on the right, and you should see a box called Manage Your Account, with several buttons underneath. Ignore those buttons and look farther down for one called See Account Management Options. That's where I blundered across the luv button.

There's just something about the way my brain works that the AmEx website is a source of eternal bafflement.
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 10-30-2009 03:57 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not able to find it, before it was in account service area now it's gone.
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on CLI's guys!

BTW, I couldn't find the button either, I just put it in the "Search")))
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.