Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI?

tag
turninganewleaf
Regular Contributor

AMEX CLI?

I have an AMEX Blue CC, received Delta Gold in Sept, upgraded to Blue in Oct.  I have received 2 statements and have PIF both times, current bal is $0.

My current CL is $1K and I'd kind of like to ask for a CLI to maybe $2500, I don't want to push it just yet.  I think just $1500 would be safe CLI off the bat.

My only concern is that I may apply for a home loan in May/June of 2008...would a CLI now hurt me?  I really was planning on waiting until this account has aged 6 mos.

What do you all think?

Message Edited by turninganewleaf on 11-07-2007 08:15 AM
FICO 8/5/10; TU 724, EQ 702
FICO 6/9/09: TU 669, EQ 658, EX ???
FICO 7/20/07: TU 540; EQ 595, EX 544
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX CLI?

I don't forsee that would have a big impact on your score.  Go for it.  If you think you can get the increase, do it. Definitely will help your utilization.
Message 2 of 5
dangphuocloc72
Frequent Contributor

Smiley Happy max out your Cl and then sent the check to them befor closing day 11/05 after closing day hit on lov . they'll give you what ever u like cl . I just did Cl up to 2500 now . I'll wait for next month do id again . good luck Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

dangphuocloc72 wrote:
Smiley Happy max out your Cl and then sent the check to them befor closing day 11/05 after closing day hit on lov . they'll give you what ever u like cl . I just did Cl up to 2500 now . I'll wait for next month do id again . good luck Smiley Happy

I did that to Chase and they decreased my loc...

Thank God I had that reversed a few days ago.  Chase is in my good graces again!
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

i've hear double existing cl every 30 days (i'm not that brave though), but my first attempt from 2-5k was shot for card not open 30 days, second 2-5k shot down multiple reason, thid times a charm 2-4k instant.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.