Reply
Established Contributor
Posts: 980
Registered: ‎07-16-2010
0

AMEX Card Auto Purchase?

I got an email from American Express saying that they offer the ability to buy an entire car using your AMEX card...obviously at "select dealers" but does anyone know about this? It seems like its basically an auto loan through your AMEX card somehow which im assuming would have to not count against your normal credit limit or anything? Anyone heard of this before?

 

https://amexnetwork.truecar.com/main.html?referrer_id=ZAMX000002

 

amexauto.png

$1200 $1250 $4250 NPSL $5300 $1350 $3000

$6050 $5000 $10500 $2416 $6500 $3000
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 395
Registered: ‎01-27-2012
0

Re: AMEX Card Auto Purchase?


shane82388 wrote:

I got an email from American Express saying that they offer the ability to buy an entire car using your AMEX card...obviously at "select dealers" but does anyone know about this? It seems like its basically an auto loan through your AMEX card somehow which im assuming would have to not count against your normal credit limit or anything? Anyone heard of this before?

 

https://amexnetwork.truecar.com/main.html?referrer_id=ZAMX000002

 

amexauto.png


I've got the same offer, But waiting on someone else to try it first! :smileyindifferent:

Money Never Sleeps! ~CL $268,600 .FIC, Amex $10,000 EX 777 EQ 768 TU 765: Beaver Card $20.000: Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard $20,000 Lowe's Business Amex $3,000
Amex Blue Sky $24,500: Amex Premier Rewards Gold :NPSL: Amex Costco $7000:Chase Freedom $5,000: Home Depot $8,700 Discover IT 8500 :Citi Thank you Card $16,500: Citi Simplicity $11,500: Chase Sapphire $31,200 :smileyfrustrated:am's Club M/C $19,000 :Cap1 World MC $8500 :Vibe,Credit Union $16,000 :Walmart M/C $14,000
Macy's AMEX $10,000 Macy's Store Card $2500. Alliant C/U 15000
Established Contributor
Posts: 980
Registered: ‎07-16-2010
0

Re: AMEX Card Auto Purchase?


Express wrote:

shane82388 wrote:

I got an email from American Express saying that they offer the ability to buy an entire car using your AMEX card...obviously at "select dealers" but does anyone know about this? It seems like its basically an auto loan through your AMEX card somehow which im assuming would have to not count against your normal credit limit or anything? Anyone heard of this before?

 

https://amexnetwork.truecar.com/main.html?referrer_id=ZAMX000002

 

amexauto.png


I've got the same offer, But waiting on someone else to try it first! :smileyindifferent:


haha, i just bought a new car about a week ago so i wount be trying it any time soon but its very interesting....im assuming they must just do that particular "charge" on the side and it functions like a normal loan but you use your card initially to do it....jeez...lotsa membership rewards points!

$1200 $1250 $4250 NPSL $5300 $1350 $3000

$6050 $5000 $10500 $2416 $6500 $3000
Contributor
Posts: 116
Registered: ‎06-08-2013
0

Re: AMEX Card Auto Purchase?

Not sure I want THAT bill rolling in the next month to PIF!



Starting Score: 573
Current Score: 764 EX (FAKO)
Goal Score: 760 all 3


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Posts: 980
Registered: ‎07-16-2010
0

Re: AMEX Card Auto Purchase?


gstq34 wrote:

Not sure I want THAT bill rolling in the next month to PIF!


Yeah, thats why im thinking it must be paid as a side charge type of thing....otherwise who the heck could really do that? 

$1200 $1250 $4250 NPSL $5300 $1350 $3000

$6050 $5000 $10500 $2416 $6500 $3000
Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,579
Registered: ‎02-23-2011
0

Re: AMEX Card Auto Purchase?

If the dealership willing to accept a charge on the full price of the car is within 1% of the best price I can negotiate elsewhere for the car, then it's a good deal.  Interesting, might try this for my next car which is coming up.

 

So, if I use my Plat, do I get the extended warranty?  90 day accidental coverage up to $10K?

Established Contributor
Posts: 576
Registered: ‎11-13-2008
0

Re: AMEX Card Auto Purchase?

I dont think they want you to use your card to buy the car. The program is like a shopping program/service that negotiates the best price on a car. I do not believe there is any implication of using your card, its just a benefit of being a cardmember. The service is like carwoo.com

Established Contributor
Posts: 980
Registered: ‎07-16-2010
0

Re: AMEX Card Auto Purchase?


MrCredit wrote:

I dont think they want you to use your card to buy the car. The program is like a shopping program/service that negotiates the best price on a car. I do not believe there is any implication of using your card, its just a benefit of being a cardmember. The service is like carwoo.com


It literally says "Use your card for full purchase price of the car".

$1200 $1250 $4250 NPSL $5300 $1350 $3000

$6050 $5000 $10500 $2416 $6500 $3000
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,339
Registered: ‎09-11-2012
0

Re: AMEX Card Auto Purchase?


gstq34 wrote:

Not sure I want THAT bill rolling in the next month to PIF!


LOL, a lot of people have 35k PoT on the charge card, however the interest rate will kill you.

 

Maybe Amex has a program that already pre-approved you and all you have to do is charge it on the card and it will transfer in to loan with better rates.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Epic Contributor
Posts: 23,749
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: AMEX Card Auto Purchase?

Someone who is using their Amex Charge to buy a car is not looking for financing! and I don't believe Amex offers financing either... this program is to pay with your charge card or I guess if you have a high enough credit line on amex credit card products and PIF unless you really want to revolve that but I have a feeling if you have the credit line to buy a car above $30k you are not revoling that sort of thing on your amex!

Fico Scores: EQ- 662., TU 684 Barclay, EX 700 (3/21/15)

You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
72 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.