06-13-2013 10:30 AM
Just wanted to check something with you guys.
I have an AMEX Plat that I used to use a lot but I don't anymore. I use mainly the CSP and the BOA 123. I used to use the AMEX Plat for travels mostly but now it;s the CSP
Thinking that it would be a good idea to PC to a lower AMEX like the Green. I have 3 AMEX and I like the BCE the most.
I travel mostly domestic nowadays so thinking that if I could PC to a revolver (Delta Gold) it would be good but I'm fairly certain one can't PC from a charge to a revolver.
So that said:
- Is it pretty easy to do a PC with AMEX?
- Can I PC back to the Plat later on?
- Is there a waiting period to PC (13 months)?
06-13-2013 10:43 AM
06-13-2013 11:09 AM
1. It's easy to PC from a higher level charge card to a lower level charge card. You CANNOT go from a charge card to a revolver without apping (and getting a hard inq).
2. You should be able to PC from green to platinum later on (dont forget to ask for an upgrade bonus).
3. Waiting period is from no fee cards to cards with a fee.
+1 Depending when you paid your AF on Platinum they might pro-rate it back to you if you PC to Green and then pro-rate that AF so you should come out with a credit!!!
Now if you still want Delta, you might be able to PC one of those credit cards you got... don't do BCE though! that is way to good.
myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.>> About myFICO