Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Charge card PC

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

AMEX Charge card PC

Just wanted to check something with you guys.

I have an AMEX Plat that I used to use a lot but I don't anymore. I use mainly the CSP and the BOA 123. I used to use the AMEX Plat for travels mostly but now it;s the CSP

Thinking that it would be a good idea to PC to a lower AMEX like the Green. I have 3 AMEX and I like the BCE the most.

I travel mostly domestic nowadays so thinking that if I could PC to a revolver (Delta Gold) it would be good but I'm fairly certain one can't PC from a charge to a revolver.

So that said:

- Is it pretty easy to do a PC with AMEX?

- Can I PC back to the Plat later on?

- Is there a waiting period to PC (13 months)?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
GaTech
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX Charge card PC

1. It's easy to PC from a higher level charge card to a lower level charge card. You CANNOT go from a charge card to a revolver without apping (and getting a hard inq).
2. You should be able to PC from green to platinum later on (dont forget to ask for an upgrade bonus).
3. Waiting period is from no fee cards to cards with a fee.
As of 1/10/2014 EX FICO - 748. EQ FICO - 728. Trans FICO - 755

WellsFargo - $3,000 AMEX BCE - $18,000 Chase Freedom - $4,000

Message 2 of 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: AMEX Charge card PC

@GaTech wrote:
1. It's easy to PC from a higher level charge card to a lower level charge card. You CANNOT go from a charge card to a revolver without apping (and getting a hard inq).
2. You should be able to PC from green to platinum later on (dont forget to ask for an upgrade bonus).
3. Waiting period is from no fee cards to cards with a fee.

+1 Depending when you paid your AF on Platinum they might pro-rate it back to you if you PC to Green and then pro-rate that AF so you should come out with a credit!!!

Now if you still want Delta, you might be able to PC one of those credit cards you got... don't do BCE though! that is way to good.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.