Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Contactless

tag
DoctorLoomis
Regular Contributor

AMEX Contactless

I just called AMEX and I will be sent 3 contactless cards....Gold, BCP, and Everyday. Just a heads up.

Chase Southwest - $88,500 I CSP - $50,000 I Barclays Aviator Silver - $50,000 I Wells Fargo Sig - $25,000 I AMEX Amazon Prime - $40,000 I B of A Cash Rewards - $77,200 l AMEX Platinum NPSL l PayPal MC - $10,000 l Sportsmans Guide Visa - $18,400 l CITI Simplicity - $16,600 l CITI Premier - $17,000 | AMEX Hilton Honors - $20,000 | Discover It - $20,500 | Coldwater Creek MC - $10,000 | Williams Sonoma - $11,500 | Nordstrom VISA Sig - $20,000 | J Crew - $10,000 | Apple Card - $68,000
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: AMEX Contactless

@DoctorLoomis wrote:

I just called AMEX and I will be sent 3 contactless cards....Gold, BCP, and Everyday. Just a heads up.

That's fantastic news!

Now if only more merchants would start accepting it, we'd be set! 

Message 2 of 17
Berk
Established Contributor

@DoctorLoomis wrote:

Both of my Amex cards are contactless and have been for some time. It's called Apple Pay!Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 17
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Contactless AmEx and even the dual interface AmEx cards

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Dual-interface-Amex-cards-now-available/td-p/3563103

have been avaiable for some time now -- at least for some AmEx cards.  IIRC it was rolled out to charge cards recently.

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just told by a rep that this isnt available on the Platinum yet. Can anyone confirm that? She seemed pretty clueless 

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think they do it for charge cards.
Message 6 of 17
bz386
Frequent Contributor

Yes they do. I have it on my PRG.
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use Apple Pay so it doesn't make much of a issue for me. Although it would be nice to get it on my Platinum so I can use it on the London Public Transport systems. Apple Pay seems like it would annoy people who are rushing behind me.
Message 8 of 17
nyancat
Established Contributor

sutehk thank you for being considerate. I live in London. Apple Pay users are so annoying on the tube. They're the equivalent to people who write checks in American grocery stores...
American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

nyancat: I used to live in London, before they accepted contactless on the tube. I used to have an Oyster card and would use the bus with my contactless to avoid peak time charges and get on the tube when off peak.

The Apple Watch would probably be faster but not going to shell out $400 to pay faster...

I actually want to get an AmEx in the UK, but my credit there is just two credit cards that I've had for 8 years which tiny limits. Which reminds me I should use them here and there!
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.