Did you mean: 

AMEX Contactless

tag
Jmill79
New Contributor

Re: AMEX Contactless

@takeshi74 wrote:

Contactless AmEx and even the dual interface AmEx cards

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Dual-interface-Amex-cards-now-available/td-p/3563103

have been avaiable for some time now -- at least for some AmEx cards.  IIRC it was rolled out to charge cards recently.

Lol, good luck to whoever tries to actually get one.  I tried SIX times to get a contactless BCP, each time recieving the same non contactless card I already had.  Called, verified they were changing card type, chatted to confirm, always the same card.  Escillated and was told they were having "issues with the tech" Yeah, OK.  I gave up.

FICO's as of 7/10/15 EQ-751 TU-730 EX-721

Citi Prestige, BOA Cash Rewards Sig, Discover It, AmEx BCP, Cap One Quicksilver
Message 11 of 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Jmill79 wrote:

@takeshi74 wrote:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Dual-interface-Amex-cards-now-available/td-p/3563103

have been avaiable for some time now -- at least for some AmEx cards.  IIRC it was rolled out to charge cards recently.

Lol, good luck to whoever tries to actually get one.  I tried SIX times to get a contactless BCP, each time recieving the same non contactless card I already had.  Called, verified they were changing card type, chatted to confirm, always the same card.  Escillated and was told they were having "issues with the tech" Yeah, OK.  I gave up.

Deffinetly takes patience.. 3rd time was the one time they finally got it right for me

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I honestly think AmEx really doesn't care all that much about having it on the physical cards. Sure it's cool that it's on the charge cards now, but people are still having issues getting them. And it's been available for how long? You'd think their CSRs would be trained correctly by now.

Combined with the declines I got at several retailers (which supposedly should be fixed now, but I haven't tried), I gave up. Apple Pay works plenty well, plus it seems to actually be supported properly by them. My BCE contactless card is still useful for seeing if a place supports NFC without looking like an idiot trying to tap a phone though, which is nice. Cat Tongue

Message 13 of 17
NRB525
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Jmill79 wrote:

@takeshi74 wrote:

Deffinetly takes patience.. 3rd time was the one time they finally got it right for me

I called on Sunday or Monday to request Contactless on my SPG. It arrived today, adds the radio signal icon to the back of the card. I made the extra effort to ensure the CSR understood contactless, so that may have been the reason that I got it on the first try. Chatted earlier about the Delta but they said it wasn't available. Haven't called about the EDP yet.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 14 of 17
TroysMom1
Contributor

For give my ignorance, but exactly what is a "contactless" card?

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Jmill79 wrote:

@takeshi74 wrote:

I called on Sunday or Monday to request Contactless on my SPG. It arrived today, adds the radio signal icon to the back of the card. I made the extra effort to ensure the CSR understood contactless, so that may have been the reason that I got it on the first try. Chatted earlier about the Delta but they said it wasn't available. Haven't called about the EDP yet.

I think CSR's are getting better, I called in for the Platinum and I've got my new Platinum with contactless on it. Basically bigger chip (same size as the UK's one I believe) and the symbol on the back. Great news for me, now I can use it on London transport.

Message 16 of 17
NRB525
Super Contributor

Comparison of Diners (MC PayPass), new SPG with Contactless, and non-contactless SPG.

SPG Chips.JPG

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.