Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Costco TE, AMEX BCE Offer, and Costco Citi Visa Question

tag
chasing8s
Valued Member

AMEX Costco TE, AMEX BCE Offer, and Costco Citi Visa Question

Ok, first let me start with a disclaimer!  I did a cursory search for this topic to see if anyone had posted a similar question. I didn't see specific answers to these questions, but forgive me if I missed it. I have an AMEX Costco TE and I've been offered the BCE card.   Here are my questions:

1. If I accept the BCE offer, does my TE card become null/void with the BCE app approval?
  2. Will AMEX offer the same CL that I have for my current TE?
  3. By accepting the BCE offer, will this negate my account from being aquired by Citi for the new Costco Visa? (I realize this question hinges on whether Citi chooses to take over the Costco cardholder portfolio)

I know results may vary, but for those Costco TE cardholders that have accepted the BCE offer, I'd love to hear your experiences.  For the third question, we're all speculating until it's decided, but I'm also interested to hear what others think.

Thanks y'all!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
uswala
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX Costco TE, AMEX BCE Offer, and Costco Citi Visa Question

@chasing8s wrote:

Ok, first let me start with a disclaimer!  I did a cursory search for this topic to see if anyone had posted a similar question. I didn't see specific answers to these questions, but forgive me if I missed it. I have an AMEX Costco TE and I've been offered the BCE card.   Here are my questions:

1. If I accept the BCE offer, does my TE card become null/void with the BCE app approval?
  2. Will AMEX offer the same CL that I have for my current TE?
  3. By accepting the BCE offer, will this negate my account from being aquired by Citi for the new Costco Visa? (I realize this question hinges on whether Citi chooses to take over the Costco cardholder portfolio)

I know results may vary, but for those Costco TE cardholders that have accepted the BCE offer, I'd love to hear your experiences.  For the third question, we're all speculating until it's decided, but I'm also interested to hear what others think.

Thanks y'all!

1. No it does not. I accepted the offer about 2 months ago and have both cards right now. 

2. They gave me the same limit.

3. I do not think so, as TE card is Costco's card and they should give you new card. BCE offer is just on AMEX's part an attempt to retain you as their customer.

Message 2 of 3
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX Costco TE, AMEX BCE Offer, and Costco Citi Visa Question

As long as your Costco TE remains open, it would be potentially acquired by Citibank.   The BCE is a new, separate TL and the offer, AFAIK, is not contingent upon closing TE.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.