Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Costco > Soft Pull BCE

tag
Bearclaw
Established Member

AMEX Costco > Soft Pull BCE

UPDATE:  9/8 - BCE arrived today. Closed Costco Amex and transferred over entire CL. 

All, I've seen many threads on here recently concerning the AMEX Costco deal and wanted to post my experience. A AMEX employee posted the below a few days ago so I wanted to corroborate it since so many doubted it. I just called AMEX and was curious about the pre-approved BCE offers the current costco members are getting, including myself. What AMEX is currently doing is giving the BCE and only using a soft pull. I was "approved" right on the phone call and I'll receive it next week. The rep also said unlike the usual 60 day limit on credit line re-allocations, that also doesn't apply here. One thing that DOES apply is that if you have had the BCE at any point prior to this, you aren't eligible for this deal.

tl;dr: AMEX Costco TrueEarnings card holders get Amex BCE for a soft pull. All you have to do is call.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Costco > Soft Pull BCE

This is a nice option. ☺ Unfortunately for me I have had the BCE before. however; my other half has not even though $100 is kind of a small offer but for SP will take it. Can they do it over a Freeze?
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to hear, thanks for the update!
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
This is a nice option. ☺ Unfortunately for me I have had the BCE before. however; my other half has not even though $100 is kind of a small offer but for SP will take it. Can they do it over a Freeze?

There is 250 offer for bce, try to see if you can find that one first. 

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

The 250 offer may vary. I got the $150 offer after spending $500 in the first 3 months. Check out if this still works.

Message 5 of 12
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

I was told basically the same thing, but the rep couldn't tell me if it would be considered a new account or a PC of the Costco card to BCE for credit reporting purposes.

Message 6 of 12
Bearclaw
Established Member

I was told it would be considered a new card for credit reporting purposes.

While it's not the ideal situation, the soft pull for a new card + increase in limit is very nice. Overall I'm happy with AMEX for this.
Message 7 of 12
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

New Amex without backdating = FAIL

I guess I'll just let my TE die when the partnership ends

Message 8 of 12
JediNeo
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for the info. I'll try it and hopefully cancel my TE card at the same time.

Did you call the number on the back of the TE card or the number on the BCE invite?

NFCU Cash Rewards | CSP | Freedom Unlimited | WalMart MC | Target Red MC | Citi Costco | AMEX BCE
Message 9 of 12
Bearclaw
Established Member

@jedineo - I simply called the main customer service number. My rep was out of SLC, very nice guy. Very knowledgable about the whole transition.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.