Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Credit Mix

tag
WJL
New Contributor

AMEX Credit Mix

Hello - I've heard and read about the following, but would like your confirmation. Is it true that having an AMEX card is good for your credit profile because it diversifies the type of credit accounts you have? Thanks in advance for your insight.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX Credit Mix

@WJL wrote:

Hello - I've heard and read about the following, but would like your confirmation. Is it true that having an AMEX card is good for your credit profile because it diversifies the type of credit accounts you have? Thanks in advance for your insight.

It can be Amex, Orchard, Discover or whatever. As long as you have a mix of any credit cards with ontime payment and low-ulti then it should help your credit. AMEX is just a good company to be with because of their rewards and Customer Service, but its like any other card. Get a few mix credit( Installation loan, mortage, 1-3 credit cards). Then your good to go.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 2 of 3
jforsyth
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX Credit Mix

I believe the OP is referring to AMEX charge cards for which the terms are "open" instead of "revolving."

Word of mouth says that these cards DO help your mix of credit, although I haven't done any personal testing myself. It definitely would make sense if they did.

EQ FAKO: 779 (03/26/15)
TU FAKO: 785(03/26/15)
Citi Double Cash | Citi Forward | BankAmericard Cash Rewards | Amex Zync
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.