cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX.... Credit Pulls One more time please....

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX.... Credit Pulls One more time please....

Perhaps, when you click the "shortcut" for existing cardmember, it's initially a soft, then hard if approved?

But, if you click on the link for new apps, it automatically starts as a hard?

Message 11 of 14
winstars
Regular Contributor

@-Cain- wrote:
Here's what may be a twist...

I found an offer online for BCP with signup bonus. I applied through that link, redirected to AmEx. I had to fill out the app myself. I was declined just this morning. In my decline letter, I am given my EX FICO score. Could it be they pulled hard? Maybe since it didn't recognize me as a Card Member and I had to manually enter my info on app it resulted in a hard pull? I will check tonight.

Interesting experience, please let us know what happend in the end...

Starting Score: TU-685 (FICO) EQ-674 (FICO) EX-713 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Current Score: TU-800 (FICO) EQ-812 (FICO) EX-800 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Goal Score: 815

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 14
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Well, I just checked EX, EX was cited in the decline letter. No hard pull, no soft pulls either. I only see the Hard INQ from my December approval. I will continue to monitor in case it appears later.
Message 13 of 14
winstars
Regular Contributor

@-Cain- wrote:
Well, I just checked EX, EX was cited in the decline letter. No hard pull, no soft pulls either. I only see the Hard INQ from my December approval. I will continue to monitor in case it appears later.

So in my quest to get my first ever real EX FICO,  after just getting two new cards recently, I could app for something hard really hard to get, puting a lower income, maybe increase my ULI and get declined and get a score. Or maybe despite my efforts,  get approved and not get my EX score and then get FR'ed. ..................................................Maybe I will stick to FAKOS  for my EX at the moment...  LOL

Starting Score: TU-685 (FICO) EQ-674 (FICO) EX-713 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Current Score: TU-800 (FICO) EQ-812 (FICO) EX-800 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Goal Score: 815

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.