Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Customer For Life... :)

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX Customer For Life... :)

in this case OP found his ticket but the service was already made. In any case the permit fell and the tow service couldnt have known so they acted accordingly. If not the whole amount, they should at least have refunded half of it. This was an honest mistake from both sides.

Message 11 of 30
CS800
Super Contributor

Austin what AMEX card do you have if I may ask?

Message 12 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the AMEX Zync card. My first card with AMEX, but for sure not my last.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I do agree the tow company had every right to tow, but the fact that they told me they would not charge if the permit was inside the vehicle and then I ended up finding it within an hour inside, just made me feel a little upset that they didn't stand by their word. I wouldn't have initiated a dispute myself, but when AMEX called me due to their own security alert and I explained what happen, they automatically refunded it to me, it wasn't something I ever expected to be done and probably nothing I would have pursued with the merchant, I figured what was done was done.

But yes, to answer the question, it was with my ZYNC.
Message 13 of 30
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Sorry, Cory.  I mean no disrespect, but woulda, shoulda, coulda doesn't work in the real world.

Got a parking permit?  Display it, or maybe get towed by the company that's hired to tow the cars that do not display the parking permit.  That's their job, and it's not up to them to decide who gets towed.  It's up to the lot owners.

If there is a beef, it should be taken up with the lot owners.  But I've got to say that if the permit wasn't visible, they called it correctly, regardless of whether that car had a permit or not. 

Anyone on these boards have a handicapped permit hanging off of their rearview mirror?  What happens if you park in a handicapped zone without that permit showing?

And if your car gets towed, aside from the ticket, does the towing service refund your money because you actually had a permit?  No.  You may dodge the ticket, but you've gotta pay for the tow, 'cause it was your fault you got towed by not displaying the valid permit.

That's my viewpoint, for what it's worth.

No one likes getting a ticket or a tow, especially me, but it is what it is. 

Message 14 of 30
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
 I do agree the tow company had every right to tow, but the fact that they told me they would not charge if the permit was inside the vehicle and then I ended up finding it within an hour inside, just made me feel a little upset that they didn't stand by their word.

Oh, further info not revealed before!

Wish you'd said that in your original post, it would've saved me a rant!

Never mind!

ETA:  You did, in fact, say in your original post that if you had found the permit, you would've slid on the tow payment.  The question in my mind is, how did the tow company mean that, like in come up with the permit right then and there, or what? 

If I've misunderstood anything, please let me know...I'm a big boy, and I'll take the hit!  Like always.  Smiley Sad

But I'm honest about it!  Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Recently had my car towed because I was at a friends place and the parking permit " wasn't displayed"....well turns out when I went to pick up my car, I couldn't find the parking permit anywhere, so the guy made me pay the $189 to get my car out, said if I would have found my permit, I would have gotten the fee waived....anyways, went ahead a paid it and left in a bad mood of course...well later that day, I end up finding the parking permit under my seat, hidden under the floor mat...somehow it fell.  I called the towing place up and told them and they said that there was nothing I could do, since I already paid, and then they hung up on me.  Called and spoke to two other people who told me the same thing.

Three days later, (yesterday), got a voicemail from AMEX while at work, said I needed to call back, I called back on my lunch and they asked about an unusual charge from a towing company, which I thought was weird since I haven't even had my card for more than a month, but I assume they mean unusual maybe because of the business type, or something they could see on their end that looked weird with the transaction.  I told them the whole story, and I also told them how I ended up finding my parking permit later on in the day and how they still wouldn't refund me.  CSR put in the details and told me I'll be receiving a credit for that charge, and "not to worry about it, it's taken care of"...I was so shocked I didn't expect for AMEX to take care of a problem that wasn't even their fault, it was honestly my own fault, but clearly unfortunate what happened, and that the merchant wouldn't work with me.

So only a month into having AMEX, they're clearly going to have my business, and reccomendation to others in the future as the card that everyone should have, because they do treat their cardmembers right, even if they don't have 20+ years of history with them.  Sure did make my day Smiley Happy

That was disclosed no?

Message 16 of 30
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

You type faster than I do...

See previous post.

Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol no pointing fingers just thought i'd point it outSmiley Tongue

Message 18 of 30
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Good job at it, too!  Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Round of cyber drinks on AMEX for us publicly promoting their products?

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.