cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX, DISCOVER, and CITI do not blacklist!!!! This is a complete Fallacy.........

tag
riohyannisny

AMEX, DISCOVER, and CITI do not blacklist!!!! This is a complete Fallacy.........

First I would love to thank everyone who has been participating in these Forums.

I want to tell my story. When I was just a wee thing...... I got my first credit cards Sears and Macy's.... I WORKED AT SEARS which is why I applied for that one. It was 1995 my very first card. I then was approved for AMEX Optima and Discover, then the American online First USA..... They gave me a 8,500 dollar limit in 97. I then of course played the CC game and ended up claiming BK in 2003.  AMEX DISCOVER CITIBANK and others were included. I then moved forward and rebuilt for awhile and bought a house with my partner in 2005 we were approved for the mortgage because he had little credit but it was not bad. Mine still had a BK listed. He was then approved for numerous cards after that and had added me on as AU....... Well after 8 years we decided to part and sell the house....... But guess what.... Market crashed and we lost the house to FORECLOSURE. I wont bore you all with the sadness that caused but of souse my credit once again hit a huge blow.... All I had worked on got defaulted...... Again. Well I am glad to inform you that I immediately applied for some awful rebuilders which where not even that awful...... Orchard bank approved me for 300 dollars. If you ask me why.... I have no clue. I then got Cap one crap cards but I was determined and I DID NOT PAY OFF THE DEFAULTED DEBT. I now 6 years later have ...... First one to approve me........ YES..... Discover more with a 1000 dollar limit with no AF. Then ...... yup AMEX Zinc NPSL (it was 1900) when I actually called. I was shocked because I thought they blacklisted. My card arrived with the Member since date of 98 which was the account that I had eventually included in BK. I now have after 6 months of good history with Discover I was approved for the Jetblue AMEX (revolver with Decent interest) Then I get approved for the Capital One Venture Card with a 3000 dollar no annual fee credit line then ..... Last but not least Citi approved me for a Thank you Preffered Card. I am just not trusting anything anyone said. Blacklists for Credit Cards are not real. BTW My foreclosure and other Charge offs at least 5 years old as they are are still reporting they will be off soon but still........ If you work hard they do see it..... Again I never repaid the bad Debts with these companies. Yet they are again extending me credit.

Amex Zinc: NPSL ($5000 so it seems)

Amex BCE: $10000 AU

Amex Jetblue $1250

Cap One Cash Rewards $1250

Cap One Platinum $500

Cap One VentureOne $3000

Citi Thank You Preffered $1200

Gap $300

Dillards $4000

Old Navy $900

JCrew $500

EBAY MasterCard thru PayPal $1500

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
sphinx313
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX, DISCOVER, and CITI do not blacklist!!!! This is a complete Fallacy.........

Congratulations! Seems like you've been through the ringer. May I ask, what is your current FICO score or what was your FICO when you apped for some of these cards?

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 17
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX, DISCOVER, and CITI do not blacklist!!!! This is a complete Fallacy.........

@riohyannisny wrote:

First I would love to thank everyone who has been participating in these Forums.

I want to tell my story. When I was just a wee thing...... I got my first credit cards Sears and Macys.... I WORKED AT SEARS which is why I applied for that one. It was 1995 my very first card. I then was approved for AMEX Optima and Discover, then the American online First USA..... they gave me a 8,500 dollar limit in 97. I tthen of course played the CC game and ended up claiming BK in 2003.  AMEX DISCOVER CITIBANK and others were included. I then moved forward and rebuilt for awhile and bought a house with my partner in 2005 we were approved for the mortgage because he had little credit but it was not bad. Mine still had a BK listed. He was then approved for numerous cards after that and had added me on as AU....... well after 8 years we decided to part and sell the house....... but guess what.... Market crashed and we lost the house to FORCLOSURE. I wont bore you all with the sadness that caused but of couse my credit once again hit a huge blow.... All I had worked on got defaulted...... Again. Well I am glad to inform you that I immediatly applied for some awful rebuilders which where not even that awful...... Orchard bank approved me for 300 dollars. If you ask me why.... I have no clue. I then got Cap one crap cards but I was determined and I DID NOT PAY OFF THE DEFAULTED DEBT. I now 6 years later have ...... first one to approve me........ YES..... Discover more with a 1000 dollar limit with no AF. Then ...... yup AMEX Zinc NPSL (it was 1900) when i actually called. I was shocked because I though they blacklisted. My card arrived with the Member since date of 98 which was the account that I had eventually included in Bankrupsy. I now have after 6 months of good history with Disover I was approved for the Jetblue AMEX (revolver with Decent interest) Then I get approved for the Capital One Venture Card with a 5000 dollar no annual fee credit line then ..... last but not least Citi approved me for a Thank you Preffered Card. I am just not trusting anything anyone said. Blacklists for Credit Cards are not real. BTW My forcloser and other Charge offs at least 5 years old as they are are still reporting they will be off soon but still........ if you work hard they do see it..... again I never repaid the bad Debts with these companies. Yet they are again extending me credit.

Amex Zinc: NPSL ($5000 so it seems)

Amex BCR: $10000 AU

Amex Jetblue $1250

Cap One Cash Rewards $1250

Cap One Platinum $500

Cap One VentureOne $3000

Citi Thank You Preffered $1200

Gap $300

Dillards $4000

Old Navy $900

JCrew $500

EBAY MasterCard thru PayPal $1500

a lot of things are YMMV kinda things, people do slip through the crap. It all depends on case per case, you just got lucky doesn't mean they don't blacklist. For me for example, I had a 400's credit score last year, and I fought everything off cause I was able to prove they had NO documentation on ANY of my debts. People said to build more history before I apply for better cards, I went from 400's to 758 in 1 year, also went from $3,500 secured credit line with $400 kays card, to 55k in credit cards in 14 months of history.

Amex is supposed to be hard to get into and BCP was supposed to be their hardest card, instantly approved

Navy Instant approved

CSP instant approved + Freedom approved back to back.

Citi Forward instantly approved 

is this typical for a 14 month aaoa ? not really, only card I got denied for was my last card app which should've been first. only reasons is I openned too many accounts and number of inquries which is only 3 on EQ which they pulled. You can have make love to every hooker in brooklyn bareback every day of your life and never get an STD, but that doesn't make it a good idea or a rule you should rely on.

Just cause you have good luck don't scream out to the world that it's all a lie. Many people in every credit forum doesn't have the luck you had, for god sakes some people went from 400's to 700+ just by deleting their old addresses off their credit reports -_-; some are just lucky most are not.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 3 of 17
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

When were you approved for the Amex card And Citibank?

Mcu_platinum_cardDiscoverQuicksilverAmazonFreedomSapphirePenFed_Credit_Union_Power_Cash_CardAMEX_BCPDeltaHhiltonAmex_platinumAppleNavy PlatinumCash rewardsNavy Platinum

Message 4 of 17
rudy0720
Regular Contributor

They don't blacklist and the only reason you got approved is the the BK fell off your reports since it has been 10 years. AMEX will approve once the BK falls off if you dinged them or not

Citi Thank You Premier Visa Signature-$9K, Citi Thank You Preferred Vis Signature-$8.3K, Citi AA Signature- 8.5K, Citi Simplicity 9.2K, Citi Diamond-6.1K, Lowes-$10K, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $ 5K, AMEX BCE $14.5K, AMEX Starwood Preferred $15K, ,AMEX Everyday-$5K, Fidelity Amex-$10K, US Bank 123 rewards Kroger-$17K, Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature-$30K, Amex Delta-$10K, Barclay Arrival Plus- $10K, Penfed Travel Rewards Amex-$10K, Bank of America Cash Rewards- $14K
Message 5 of 17
gettnthere
Established Contributor

I gotta agree with distantarray on this one. There is plenty of evidence to support the fact that these companies do in fact blacklist. Sounds more like you slipped through the cracks. there are always exceptions. Congrats on your success, nonetheless!

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 17
riohyannisny

Thank you all for your input. This very forum from MyFico taught me all I know. I have been asked several questions that I need to reply. My scores were all in 659 to 699 range among the three Burroughs. I am not bragging or lying about these accounts being opened I am purely stating that these companies that I was so sure blacklisted DID NOT. As I said before I have had accounts with all the companies that I mentioned and I had either included in BK or wronged at some point. My point is that My score is still not that high and my Credit limits are not great but....... They have all taken me back on. I have an income of $125000 and was not asked to prove it. As I may have fallen through the cracks..... As you say..... I can't believe none of these banks that BLACKLIST haven't figured it out. I guess I should have bought more Powerball tickets for the 550 million dollar jackpot. I do however appreciate all of these banks for giving me a new shot on life. Thank you. AMEX is still the best for customer service. 

Message 7 of 17
riohyannisny

My BK no longer appeared on my credit when approved.

Message 8 of 17
riohyannisny

Thank you for agreeing and I know.

Message 9 of 17
distantarray
Established Contributor

@riohyannisny wrote:

Thank you all for your input. This very forum from MyFico taught me all I know. I have been asked several questions that I need to reply. My scores were all in 659 to 699 range among the three Burroughs. I am not bragging or lying about these accounts being opened I am purely stating that these companies that I was so sure blacklisted DID NOT. As I said before I have had accounts with all the companies that I mentioned and I had either included in BK or wronged at some point. My point is that My score is still not that high and my Credit limits are not great but....... They have all taken me back on. I have an income of $125000 and was not asked to prove it. As I may have fallen through the cracks..... As you say..... I can't believe none of these banks that BLACKLIST haven't figured it out. I guess I should have bought more Powerball tickets for the 550 million dollar jackpot. I do however appreciate all of these banks for giving me a new shot on life. Thank you. AMEX is still the best for customer service. 

thing I don't understand is why people are afraid to see if they're blacklisted with Amex etc, if your blacklisted you won't even get a hp so what's there to worry about? people are strange though.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.