cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX, DISCOVER, and CITI do not blacklist!!!! This is a complete Fallacy.........

tag
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX, DISCOVER, and CITI do not blacklist!!!! This is a complete Fallacy.........

I believe that is the point everyone was making. I guess it should have been clarified. The statement of being blacklisted meant you still had bankruptcy on report and regardless if you burned them in BK or not, AMEX DO NOT approve anyone with BK on CR report. As you and many have shown, once BK is gone you get approved. I never had a card with AMEX, but since I have bk reporting I can not get one. I never had Citibank, but a friend of mine work for them and told me to wait at least 4 years. Citibank wont even give a secured card to anyone with bankruptcy. Most of the forums state to wait 3-4 years to apply for Discover More. So I am not wasting a inquiry. I hope this clarifies why everyone respond the way they did. Your title draw my attention because I thought there was hope, but I guess I will have to wait the drought out!

Mcu_platinum_cardDiscoverQuicksilverAmazonFreedomSapphirePenFed_Credit_Union_Power_Cash_CardAMEX_BCPDeltaHhiltonAmex_platinumAppleNavy PlatinumCash rewardsNavy Platinum

Message 11 of 17
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX, DISCOVER, and CITI do not blacklist!!!! This is a complete Fallacy.........

@distantarray wrote:

@riohyannisny wrote:

Thank you all for your input. This very forum from MyFico taught me all I know. I have been asked several questions that I need to reply. My scores were all in 659 to 699 range among the three Burroughs. I am not bragging or lying about these accounts being opened I am purely stating that these companies that I was so sure blacklisted DID NOT. As I said before I have had accounts with all the companies that I mentioned and I had either included in BK or wronged at some point. My point is that My score is still not that high and my Credit limits are not great but....... They have all taken me back on. I have an income of $125000 and was not asked to prove it. As I may have fallen through the cracks..... As you say..... I can't believe none of these banks that BLACKLIST haven't figured it out. I guess I should have bought more Powerball tickets for the 550 million dollar jackpot. I do however appreciate all of these banks for giving me a new shot on life. Thank you. AMEX is still the best for customer service. 

thing I don't understand is why people are afraid to see if they're blacklisted with Amex etc, if your blacklisted you won't even get a hp so what's there to worry about? people are strange though.

Hi distant array 

I wouldn't call it fear, but using credit wisely. I am a member of several forums because I am really trying to rebuild my credit up. I have yet to see anyone get Amex with bk reporting, so common sense to me is not to waste an inquiry. Also a friend also filed bk and had Amex and they did do a hard pull and she had an Amex before. how did you get Amex to pull a soft pull? And is that for people who never had Amex. Thanks

Mcu_platinum_cardDiscoverQuicksilverAmazonFreedomSapphirePenFed_Credit_Union_Power_Cash_CardAMEX_BCPDeltaHhiltonAmex_platinumAppleNavy PlatinumCash rewardsNavy Platinum

Message 12 of 17
distantarray
Established Contributor

@distantarray wrote:
I wouldn't call it fear, but using credit wisely. I am a member of several forums because I am really trying to rebuild my credit up. I have yet to see anyone get Amex with bk reporting, so common sense to me is not to waste an inquiry. Also a friend also filed bk and had Amex and they did do a hard pull and she had an Amex before. how did you get Amex to pull a soft pull? And is that for people who never had Amex. Thanks

1. If your building your credit you should always try to get your foot in the door with Amex cause of backdating

2. backdating wouldn't matter if they didn't have good products, but Amex has some of the best products on the market

3. if your blacklisted you won't even get a inquiry on your reports if your denied. So you have NOTHING to lose. (a) you get denied so you find out your blacklisted and no hp (b) you get approved for a great product and probably could get the account backdated to INCREASE your credit score. Amex is probably the only product that can increase your score by opening a new tradeline (due to backdating)

4. You only get a HP when you initially apply for Amex. After you have an Amex product you they use soft inquiries if your denied, and HP only when your accepted.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 13 of 17
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

1. If your building your credit you should always try to get your foot in the door with Amex cause of backdating

2. backdating wouldn't matter if they didn't have good products, but Amex has some of the best products on the market

3. if your blacklisted you won't even get a inquiry on your reports if your denied. So you have NOTHING to lose. (a) you get denied so you find out your blacklisted and no hp (b) you get approved for a great product and probably could get the account backdated to INCREASE your credit score. Amex is probably the only product that can increase your score by opening a new tradeline (due to backdating)

4. You only get a HP when you initially apply for Amex. After you have an Amex product you they use soft inquiries if your denied, and HP only when your accepted.

if you don't mind me asking did you  have bk reporting?

Message 14 of 17
distantarray
Established Contributor

@priceless07 wrote:

if you don't mind me asking did you efile have bk?

nope I forcibly removed all my derogs off my report with lawsuits Smiley Happy

it's interesting how many laws creditors break, if you catch them your scott free Smiley Wink

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 15 of 17
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@priceless07 wrote:

if you don't mind me asking did you efile have bk?

nope I forcibly removed all my derogs off my report with lawsuits Smiley Happy

it's interesting how many laws creditors break, if you catch them your scott free Smiley Wink

I asked because this is not the case when they complete a soft pull and see a BK. They then complete a HP to look at you complete report.  So for anyone with a BK an inquiry hurts more than someone with a collection. Every point counts. For example I started my rebuild with a car loan in April. after 45 days my score went down 20 points because the inquires no longer cointed as one! I lost nearly 5 points and inquiry Smiley Sad BK also puts you in a different point scale then everyone else as well.  What works for you does not work for everyone Smiley Sad Congrats on your success. 

Message 16 of 17
resilient
Established Contributor

distantarray wrote:

riohyannisny wrote:

Thank you all for your input. This very forum from MyFico taught me all I know. I have been asked several questions that I need to reply. My scores were all in 659 to 699 range among the three Burroughs. I am not bragging or lying about these accounts being opened I am purely stating that these companies that I was so sure blacklisted DID NOT. As I said before I have had accounts with all the companies that I mentioned and I had either included in BK or wronged at some point. My point is that My score is still not that high and my Credit limits are not great but....... They have all taken me back on. I have an income of $125000 and was not asked to prove it. As I may have fallen through the cracks..... As you say..... I can't believe none of these banks that BLACKLIST haven't figured it out. I guess I should have bought more Powerball tickets for the 550 million dollar jackpot. I do however appreciate all of these banks for giving me a new shot on life. Thank you. AMEX is still the best for customer service. 

thing I don't understand is why people are afraid to see if they're blacklisted with Amex etc, if your blacklisted you won't even get a hp so what's there to worry about? people are strange though.

I beg to differ with this. I was on an app spree back in September and October. I wronged Discover, AmEx, NFCU, Citibank (Associates) and USAA back in 2002-03. Charged off, never paid, never settled. Applied for AmEx, hard pull immediately, further processing needed. Called analysts for 10 business days straight, finally got a denial letter in the mail. "Previous history/account dergatory". My credit report is clean, scores were over 700. Recently, I called Citibank and acted like I didnt remember my card number, and asked them to look it up by my ssn. They looked it up, and she said "How can I help you with your Citibank Platinum Select Dividend Card"....At that time I hung up, because 10 years later, they still had the account in their internal records. Needless to say, I didn't apply for a Citi card that day. YMMV.

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.