Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX DSNB on wife's report. Backdating?

tag
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

AMEX DSNB on wife's report. Backdating?

My wife an "Amex DSNB" opened in 12/2004. She doesn't know what it is. I just learned that DSNB means Department Store National Bank. Apparently it was used once for $24 and has a limit of $300. I'm curious if anyone knows if such cards are used for back dating with Amex since it must be a co-branded card of some sort. Not sure.

Also, how is Amex with reopening closed accounts from inactivity and honoring backdating? Any experience? She also has an Amex (not sure what kind) that had a $9800 limit opened in 8/2004 that stopped reporting in 2009. It's marked closed due to inactivity on her report. It would nice if one of these could be used for backdating if she were to open a new card with them. 

Thoughts on any of this? Thanks.

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX DSNB on wife's report. Backdating?

Dont think this card is issued by Amex. Only cards issued by Amex directly get benefits like backdating. There are other cards issued not by Amex but work on Amex network similar to what happens with visa. Non Amex issued cards have their own rules as determined by card Issuer.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 2 of 3
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX DSNB on wife's report. Backdating?

@ztnjpv wrote:

My wife an "Amex DSNB" opened in 12/2004. She doesn't know what it is. I just learned that DSNB means Department Store National Bank. Apparently it was used once for $24 and has a limit of $300. I'm curious if anyone knows if such cards are used for back dating with Amex since it must be a co-branded card of some sort. Not sure.

Also, how is Amex with reopening closed accounts from inactivity and honoring backdating? Any experience? She also has an Amex (not sure what kind) that had a $9800 limit opened in 8/2004 that stopped reporting in 2009. It's marked closed due to inactivity on her report. It would nice if one of these could be used for backdating if she were to open a new card with them. 

Thoughts on any of this? Thanks.

Department Store National Bank can be a card from Macy's or Bloomingdales, probably others as well, just those come to mind right now. This card would not be able to work for backdating purposes.

The other AmEx with the $9800 CL, provided it was a card from AmEx and their own bank, and not let's say BofA,USSA,etc, would be good for backdating, but I am not sure they'd be able to re-open or not. If they could and would result in a HP, it may be better applying for a new card anyway. The important part though is to find out who issued that card.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.