Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Delta Gold and Platinum Question!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Delta Gold and Platinum Question!

So I have had the Gold card (Delta) for 13 months now. I was just approved for the Platinum card (both for the sign up bonus, and the companion pass). The starting limit is only $3000 which I am fairly disappointed with. If I transfer the credit limit from my gold to the platinum (which the rep said I could), will that affect me getting a CLI after 2 months? Do I ask for 3x the original CL of the platinum or 3x the total amount?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Delta Gold and Platinum Question!

When is the last time you got a CLI on any of your AMEX revolvers?

Only 1 CLI across all revolvers every 6 months.

If it were me (and if you are past the 6 month mark) go for a CLI request on the Plat as soon as you activate it. Reports are that we no longer have to wait the full 61 days for CLIs. If no go on that then reallocate.

When I reallocated limits last month I was told via online chat that it did not effect timeline for future increases.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The last CLI was 3 months ago. So I have to wait another 3 months for a CLI? If so, I'm going to just reallocate the CL's as soon as I get it. When the time comes around to ask for a CLI, do I ask for 9K? The CL will already be above it at that point. Or do I just ask for 25k?

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, this may seem stupid, but I'm about to close my PRG. Can the 2 for 1 HP still be utilized for the Platinum if you are already a member?

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, it won't affect your chances and you should ask for a 3xCLI of your new limit.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

No, it won't affect your chances and you should ask for a 3xCLI of your new limit.

Thanks for the input! But do I have to wait 3 months since my lst cli was 3 months ago? And do I ask for th 3x the total amount after reallocating the gold credit limit?

Message 6 of 9
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the input! But do I have to wait 3 months since my lst cli was 3 months ago? And do I ask for th 3x the total amount after reallocating the gold credit limit?

Have to wait 3 more months for CLI but not for reallocation of limits. Reallocate now and then in 3 months decide which one you want to requests the 3X on.

Message 7 of 9
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Also, this may seem stupid, but I'm about to close my PRG. Can the 2 for 1 HP still be utilized for the Platinum if you are already a member?

What do you mean by this?

2 approvals with 1 HP usually refers to app'ing for charge card and then following it up with revolver app on same day. Never a gurantee. 

Worked for me though twice, in 2013 and more recently in 2015.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lhcole77 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What do you mean by this?

2 approvals with 1 HP usually refers to app'ing for charge card and then following it up with revolver app on same day. Never a gurantee. 

Worked for me though twice, in 2013 and more recently in 2015.

Sorry you pretty much covered it. I'm about to close my PRG anyway, so I was wondering if I could app for the Platinum and still only have 1 HP. Thanks! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.