Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Delta Pseudo question...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Delta Pseudo question...

@CC. 

Be very careful doing that. They can AA you.  And also, Amex does charge transferring to delta.  The most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.  I was trying to book travel through their site but I had gift cards I wanted to use and they wouldn't let me.  So I decided to transfer 75,000 points (2000 spend met on a business gold) and they said to transfer it was going to cost me $150 just to transfer and thats after talking to 4 different people (kept transfering me from department to department).  I lost my patience  and asked to close all my accounts. (I know, I was raw emotionally).  That was when they offered to waive the fee to transfer points.  They are sooo ridiculous.

I never had that problem with Chase.  They will always come before Amex for me personally.

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous. 

Be very careful doing that. They can AA you.  And also, Amex does charge transferring to delta.  The most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.  I was trying to book travel through their site but I had gift cards I wanted to use and they wouldn't let me.  So I decided to transfer 75,000 points (2000 spend met on a business gold) and they said to transfer it was going to cost me $150 just to transfer and thats after talking to 4 different people (kept transfering me from department to department).  I lost my patience  and asked to close all my accounts. (I know, I was raw emotionally).  That was when they offered to waive the fee to transfer points.  They are sooo ridiculous.

I never had that problem with Chase.  They will always come before Amex for me personally.

That sounds beyond ridiculous.

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nixon,

They were claiming it was some sort of fee that has to be paid to the federal government when points are transferred or something.  It was just a hassle..

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous,

They were claiming it was some sort of fee that has to be paid to the federal government when points are transferred or something.  It was just a hassle..

I don't believe that one for a second.

Message 14 of 19
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous,

It's called the Airline Excise Tax. 

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous,

I am with you.  I was beyond shocked.  People are not happy with chase but the UR points are the best. Points transferred to delta was not worth what I thought it was after the trouble.  I thought 75k points gave me at least $750 but came to like $661..

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous,

I am with you.  I was beyond shocked.  People are not happy with chase but the UR points are the best. Points transferred to delta was not worth what I thought it was after the trouble.  I thought 75k points gave me at least $750 but came to like $661..

Better value is MR to BA Avios for domestic.

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous,

Better value is MR to BA Avios for domestic.

I didn't know that. .Thanks for that info.  I need to get savvy in the redeeming of points for miles department.

Message 18 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

As stated the simpliest thing is just having my friend I got the points off of book my ticket/tickets for me through his delta account and just give him cash..I see nothing wrong with that.. Still couldn't believe they wanted to charge me that to transfer them to my delta account.. It was delta not amex.. Outrageous.  Leaset their is a way around it, just a pita.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.