Did you mean: 

AMEX Delta SkyMiles declined

tag
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Delta SkyMiles declined

@peaceonearth wrote:

longtime_lurker,

Amex is unique. The second to AMEX is Diners Club but, they are not accepting any new applicants at this momemnt.

Well have you read anything about the Optima? It's an Amex for people who burned Amex in the past...I'm not sure how you app for it, but it could be a way in.

And while I think I understand what you're talking about (exclusivity?), there are plenty of good credit cards offered by other prime lenders (Chase, to a certain extent Citi (their offers are hit-and-miss). If there's one thing I've seen on these forums over and over again is that you CAN rebuild, it just takes a long time, and that people find out they're blacklisted for decades from a lender they burned particularly bad --but they move on.

You said you included Amex in your BK but it was a small amount, so decades may not have to pass for you to find out. 

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 11 of 28
peaceonearth
Established Contributor

09Lexie,

2 reported 1994 MBNA accounts now is bank of america past due $60.00 and past due $1325.00.

I don't understand the Experian report shows, Current Closed next to a gray check mark and Past Due before the amount.

These 2 accounts should not be on the credit report they were included in the BK over 15 years ago, I disputed them and they're still showing.

Message 12 of 28
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

If those accounts are still reporting and were IIB, you need to get those deleted

Message 13 of 28
peaceonearth
Established Contributor

longtime_lurker,

I think Optima is no longer offered by AMEX.

Message 14 of 28
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@peaceonearth wrote:

longtime_lurker,

I think Optima is no longer offered by AMEX.

The Recovery Optima card is only offered through the AMEX Oasis program.  IIRC, you have to be elegible to qualify for the Oasis program to begin with.

Message 15 of 28
Pat94108
Frequent Contributor

What is the Oasis program? I keep reading about it but still haven't figured it out and couldn't really find anything about it online. Sorry if it's a silly question and sorry for hijacking the thread. 

Message 16 of 28
OptimalCS
Frequent Contributor

Contrary to popular opinion, I do not believe Amex blacklist.

In my case I had a BCE chargeoff in 2004. I ended up paying off the bal in 2010. This year I applied and got approved for both BCE and Delta in the same month. My new accounts were backdated. Also at the time of approval I had three judgments and a collection on my CR. Amex pulled all three for me.  

"Wisdom is the principal thing..."
Message 17 of 28
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@ OptimalCS,

You'd already repaid the debt.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 28
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

@peaceonearth wrote:

Happy New Year to all the contributors to this Forum.

About 2 months ago, I applied for an AMEX Delta Credit Card and was declined.
Could it be because of the past BK over 10 years?

Reason(s) for Our Decision

Your FICO score (see bellow)

(1) Derogatory public record or collection filed.
(2) Too few accounts currently paid as agreed.
(3) Lack of recent installment loan information.
(4) Proportion of revolving balances to revolving credit limits is too high.
(5) Too many inquiries in the last 12 months.
AMEX letter stated: Fico score was 658

I did not owe AMEX a lot of money back then. It was not easy for me to make the decision to pick the BK but, due to a civil lawsuit I had no choice.
I do respect other people’s opinion towards American Express.
I travel and use Delta a lot and I Love American Express, their customer service are very professional; in my opinion AMEX is the best.
I had a Platinum card with them back in the 80s not too many people, had AMEX platinum and it used to be by invitation only.

Very informative site. Thank you..

I don't think this is a blacklist situation.  If you're denied by Amex due to being blacklisted they don't pull your reports.  You get an immediate denial due to something like this "Your American Express account(s) indicates previous delinquencies".

Message 19 of 28
randeman
Frequent Contributor

OptimalC S:  How old were your judgments when you were approved?

Experian Score: 689--Amex 27 July 2014; Equifax Score 680--MyFICO--17 September 2014; TransUnion Score 718-Discover 20 August 2014--PUH-RAISE JESUS, I finally broke 700!!! Cards and Credit Lines: Escape by Discover, Chase Freedom Signature Visa, Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Signature Visa, Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa, Barclay's Holland America Visa, Citibank Custom Credit Line, Paypal Custom Connect Credit Line, Bloomingdale's, Macy's Premier Elite, Amazon Store Card, Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom, Discover It, Gold Delta SkyMiles from American Express, PayPal BML.
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.