Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Delta Skymiles

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Delta Skymiles

Anyone know the minimum Ex Fico to get one of these?
Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX Delta Skymiles

I once saw a post with someone getting one with a 590, but I think the average is about 620.
Here we go again...
Message 2 of 42
brendogg27
Contributor

I got mine with an EX @ 655.  From what I understand AMEX looks more at your history, more so than your score.  www.scorematch.com and www.whogavemecredit.com are great references.  That's how I knew to apply for the Delta Skymiles card from any of the other cards.
Message 3 of 42
heirophant
Established Contributor

I concur with the other posters. I got my Delta Card with a score of 641. Had a med collection less than a year, but good history on all of my credit accounts. I think it is pretty easy to get approved for a Skymiles card, but I would make sure it is at least 620.
Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 4 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

what was your utilization on your other cards like?  i think that was my downfall...it's like 80%..i had a FICO of 642 on Ex
Message 5 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you decide to app for the delta amex, you might want to use the link on the delta website.  $50 back when you book your first flight...
Message 6 of 42
revinkit

i got my delta skymiles with 595 experian and low utilization on all credit cards about 6 months ago.
Message 7 of 42
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

I had an EX in the 590s, 90% util, and clear history for 2 years.  I had 9 open CCs, 2 SLs, 1 car lease, 1 mtg.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 8 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

WhirledPeasPlease wrote:
I had an EX in the 590s, 90% util, and clear history for 2 years.  I had 9 open CCs, 2 SLs, 1 car lease, 1 mtg.

Wow!  I know the Skymiles isn't exactly the hardest Amex to get (I got one, so there's proof right there Smiley Tongue ) but you got one with 90% util?  That kind of floored me.

No offense.  You know how the cheese likes the peas. Smiley Tongue

Message 9 of 42
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

cheddar wrote:

WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

Wow!  I know the Skymiles isn't exactly the hardest Amex to get (I got one, so there's proof right there Smiley Tongue ) but you got one with 90% util?  That kind of floored me.

No offense.  You know how the cheese likes the peas. Smiley Tongue

Congrats peas. I am so jealous of you guys in the Delta Club. Watch out, I am sure, I'll join the league one day, some day soon.

Message 10 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.