Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Delta Skymiles

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Delta Skymiles

I am going to get my utilization to at least 20% before i apply again...that should also get my FICO up from 642....are they really looking at a FICO or are they looking at another type of score at AMEX when they get your CR score.  just curious...my FAKO is a 586...I know they def look at other stuff...They call the overall scoring system the American Express Acquistion Risk Score.  The look at everything...reading my letter now...
Message 11 of 42
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

GETNUMBERSUP wrote:
I am going to get my utilization to at least 20% before i apply again...that should also get my FICO up from 642....are they really looking at a FICO or are they looking at another type of score at AMEX when they get your CR score.  just curious...my FAKO is a 586...I know they def look at other stuff...They call the overall scoring system the American Express Acquistion Risk Score.  The look at everything...reading my letter now...

I am pretty sure, they have a different scoring system at Amex. That is very hard to predict just like Fico Scores hard to predict.
Message 12 of 42
heirophant
Established Contributor

Definetely bring your utilization down.  My approval at 641 was with 21% utilization.
Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 13 of 42
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

cheddar wrote:

WhirledPeasPlease wrote:
I had an EX in the 590s, 90% util, and clear history for 2 years.  I had 9 open CCs, 2 SLs, 1 car lease, 1 mtg.

Wow!  I know the Skymiles isn't exactly the hardest Amex to get (I got one, so there's proof right there Smiley Tongue ) but you got one with 90% util?  That kind of floored me.

No offense.  You know how the cheese likes the peas. Smiley Tongue

Oh no offense taken -- I too was floored when I rec'd the card.  I rec'd the invited to approve mailer when I had FAs on all 3 CBs, too.  I swear the stars just aligned perfectly and the Amex gods noticed.  I'm trying to treat the card well.  I'm pushing money through it (1k CL doesn't leave me much choice) and  letting a 23 dollar balance report.  I'm hoping they notice my good behavior on 'our' 6 month anni.

Peas and cheese -- I feel like we're feeding a 4th grader!  Smiley Happy
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 14 of 42
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

concorduser wrote:

cheddar wrote:

WhirledPeasPlease wrote:
I had an EX in the 590s, 90% util, and clear history for 2 years.  I had 9 open CCs, 2 SLs, 1 car lease, 1 mtg.

Wow!  I know the Skymiles isn't exactly the hardest Amex to get (I got one, so there's proof right there Smiley Tongue ) but you got one with 90% util?  That kind of floored me.

No offense.  You know how the cheese likes the peas. Smiley Tongue

Congrats peas. I am so jealous of you guys in the Delta Club. Watch out, I am sure, I'll join the league one day, some day soon.

LOl - I'm pretty sure you're ineligible to join our group now, Mr. Plat.  We'll just hang around and watch your stock soar!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 15 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to apply again in 30 days but, HSBC is slow with updating balances...maybe i should get it down to 20% and dispute the balance..wonder if that will speed it up...they'll have to at least reply to the CRA in 30 days.
Message 16 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got one a month ago, Ex Fico was 594, but util was at 1-2%.
Message 17 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

did you have any CO or collections....my problem was definitely the utilization..
Message 18 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Had 2 small collections and 3 COs, all 2+ year old.  Was very happy to get.
Message 19 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone know how much of a dive your FICO takes on average when your new CC is reported?
Message 20 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.