Did you mean: 

AMEX Delta Skymiles

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Delta Skymiles

Congrats-
I love my Amex cards-

Wait until Jan and get another one !!!!!!!!

honeybrook1 wrote:
After reading this thread, I decided to apply tonight and I was approved!Smiley Very Happy My lowest score is EX at 695, but my current utility is around 57%.  1 baddie on EX about 6 years old, none on TU or EQ.  9 cc's, 1 st loan, haven't been late in almost 6 years.  I haven't applied for a card in 2 years, so I said what the heck!  Glad that I did!!Smiley Happy

Message 31 of 42
honeybrook1
Regular Contributor

Thanks-I think I'll do that.Smiley Happy Wait Timothy-should I apply for another AMEX or should I convert the Delta to a Blue?

Starting Score: 718
Current Score: 718
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 32 of 42
honeybrook1
Regular Contributor

Anyone?Smiley Indifferent

Message 33 of 42
msheresy
Regular Contributor

honeybrook1 wrote:
Anyone?Smiley Indifferent

I have a delta and I plan to apply for another amex but not for several more months.  At my 1yr mark, I am either going try to get the af waived or convert to blue then. 

Message 34 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

honeybrook1 wrote:
Thanks-I think I'll do that.Smiley Happy Wait Timothy-should I apply for another AMEX or should I convert the Delta to a Blue?

Congrats on your Delta card!

I'm a firm believer in avoiding Amex product changes if at all possible.  If you want a Blue, I'd say you should apply for it directly.  The reason I say this is that when they start reviewing accounts to see who should be FR'd and who shouldn't, I'd rather be holding a card that I knew I could get by applying for it directly rather than sneaking in through the backdoor. Smiley Wink

Message Edited by cheddar on 07-01-2008 12:36 PM
Message 35 of 42
honeybrook1
Regular Contributor

Understood...thanks, cheddar!Smiley Happy

Message 36 of 42
msheresy
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@honeybrook1 wrote:

Congrats on your Delta card!

I'm a firm believer in avoiding Amex product changes if at all possible. If you want a Blue, I'd say you should apply for it directly. The reason I say this is that when they start reviewing accounts to see who should be FR'd and who shouldn't, I'd rather be holding a card that I knew I could get by applying for it directly rather than sneaking in through the backdoor. Smiley Wink
Message Edited by cheddar on 07-01-2008 12:36 PM
About FRs......has anyone ever posted of being FRed more than once? If so was it at least a year a part? Remember, I was FRed like 3 weeks ago and that was really annoying. Not something I want to go through again!

Message Edited by msheresy on 07-01-2008 06:41 PM
Message 37 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone else have a Continental FF account?

I applied for the Delta Amex when Delta and Continental were in the same alliance. Now that Continental is switching, I'm wondering if the Delta is really going to do me any good? Should I ask for the Hilton amex (double-dip points/miles) too/instead?
Message 38 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

pjxf99 wrote:
Does anyone else have a Continental FF account?

I applied for the Delta Amex when Delta and Continental were in the same alliance. Now that Continental is switching, I'm wondering if the Delta is really going to do me any good? Should I ask for the Hilton amex (double-dip points/miles) too/instead?

Do you have the Delta already?  Are you thinking about apping for the Hilton directly?

I don't think Amex will product change from Delta to Hilton.  I'm pretty sure they will only PC to one of the Blues or to Starwood.

Message 39 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the Delta already. I don't necessarily want to PC, just have a more useful card. I have most of my miles on Continental. I also have the Continental Chase card.
Message 40 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.