Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

Re: AMEX Delta Skymiles

Congrats-
I love my Amex cards-

Wait until Jan and get another one !!!!!!!!

honeybrook1 wrote:
After reading this thread, I decided to apply tonight and I was approved!:smileyvery-happy: My lowest score is EX at 695, but my current utility is around 57%.  1 baddie on EX about 6 years old, none on TU or EQ.  9 cc's, 1 st loan, haven't been late in almost 6 years.  I haven't applied for a card in 2 years, so I said what the heck!  Glad that I did!!:smileyhappy:

Regular Contributor
honeybrook1

Thanks-I think I'll do that.:smileyhappy: Wait Timothy-should I apply for another AMEX or should I convert the Delta to a Blue?

Starting Score: 718
Current Score: 718
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
honeybrook1

Anyone?:smileyindifferent:

Regular Contributor
msheresy

honeybrook1 wrote:
Anyone?:smileyindifferent:

I have a delta and I plan to apply for another amex but not for several more months.  At my 1yr mark, I am either going try to get the af waived or convert to blue then. 

Moderator Emeritus
cheddar

[ Edited ]

honeybrook1 wrote:
Thanks-I think I'll do that.:smileyhappy: Wait Timothy-should I apply for another AMEX or should I convert the Delta to a Blue?

Congrats on your Delta card!

I'm a firm believer in avoiding Amex product changes if at all possible.  If you want a Blue, I'd say you should apply for it directly.  The reason I say this is that when they start reviewing accounts to see who should be FR'd and who shouldn't, I'd rather be holding a card that I knew I could get by applying for it directly rather than sneaking in through the backdoor. :smileywink:

Message Edited by cheddar on 07-01-2008 12:36 PM
----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )
Regular Contributor
honeybrook1

Understood...thanks, cheddar!:smileyhappy:

Regular Contributor
msheresy

[ Edited ]

cheddar wrote:

honeybrook1 wrote:

Congrats on your Delta card!

I'm a firm believer in avoiding Amex product changes if at all possible. If you want a Blue, I'd say you should apply for it directly. The reason I say this is that when they start reviewing accounts to see who should be FR'd and who shouldn't, I'd rather be holding a card that I knew I could get by applying for it directly rather than sneaking in through the backdoor. :smileywink:
Message Edited by cheddar on 07-01-2008 12:36 PM
About FRs......has anyone ever posted of being FRed more than once? If so was it at least a year a part? Remember, I was FRed like 3 weeks ago and that was really annoying. Not something I want to go through again!

Message Edited by msheresy on 07-01-2008 06:41 PM
Frequent Contributor
pjxf99

Does anyone else have a Continental FF account?

I applied for the Delta Amex when Delta and Continental were in the same alliance. Now that Continental is switching, I'm wondering if the Delta is really going to do me any good? Should I ask for the Hilton amex (double-dip points/miles) too/instead?
FAKO TU: 730 (Too poor to check the real scores these days!)
Moderator Emeritus
cheddar

pjxf99 wrote:
Does anyone else have a Continental FF account?

I applied for the Delta Amex when Delta and Continental were in the same alliance. Now that Continental is switching, I'm wondering if the Delta is really going to do me any good? Should I ask for the Hilton amex (double-dip points/miles) too/instead?

Do you have the Delta already?  Are you thinking about apping for the Hilton directly?

I don't think Amex will product change from Delta to Hilton.  I'm pretty sure they will only PC to one of the Blues or to Starwood.

----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )
Frequent Contributor
pjxf99

I have the Delta already. I don't necessarily want to PC, just have a more useful card. I have most of my miles on Continental. I also have the Continental Chase card.
FAKO TU: 730 (Too poor to check the real scores these days!)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+