Valued Contributor
Duncanrr

AMEX Delta - how long to get card number?

I was approved for AMEX Delta cc around 10:00 pm Monday night.  A little earlier I was approved for ZYNC.   The ZYNC card is already visible online at AMEX website and I was informed that they mailed me the card on Tuesday!  My Delta card doesn't show up online because the CSR said a card number hasn't been generated for it.

How long after approval does it take the Delta card to become visible online?  One would figure that this would be the first step prior to actually mailing the card.

Duncan

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 710 TU 727 EX 704 CK 719(FAKO-EX 697, EQ 697, TU 697)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
RockinRay

Re: AMEX Delta - how long to get card number?

I could be wrong on this but in my case, my new cards never did show up online until I activated them.

I have had the Zync, Green, Costco, Delta Gold, and BCE. In my case, each of these showed up after I activated.

With the exception of the BCE and Delta Gold, the others are now closed.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **

Valued Contributor
Duncanrr

I got the temporary card number for ZYNC.  Maybe that made it immediately visible online?

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 710 TU 727 EX 704 CK 719(FAKO-EX 697, EQ 697, TU 697)
Goal Score: 750

Super Contributor
CS800

RockinRay wrote:

I could be wrong on this but in my case, my new cards never did show up online until I activated them.

I have had the Zync, Green, Costco, Delta Gold, and BCE. In my case, each of these showed up after I activated.

+1

SO you axed 3 AMEX huh? I'm considering axing my Zync since I don't really use it at all anymore. I use the BCE and the Platinum.

I know i cant PC to a revolver but would be good to have the SPG.

Valued Contributor
RockinRay

CS800 wrote:

RockinRay wrote:

+1

SO you axed 3 AMEX huh? I'm considering axing my Zync since I don't really use it at all anymore. I use the BCE and the Platinum.

I know i cant PC to a revolver but would be good to have the SPG.

Yep - again, too many to manage. I am trying to get down to about 6 cards total and will kill off the rest.  :smileyhappy:

I think the BCE is a good card and is reasonable on the rewards. My wife works for Target Corp so we get the 10% employee discount at Target and the additional 5% with the Target Visa. But I do use the BCE for the other grocery stores that we shop... LOL, I only use the BCE for grogeries maybe running $100 a month through it.

When I can, I am going to close the Gold Delta card and see if they will combine limits. The BCE will be the long term player for me. I think I have to wait a year for that to happen though.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **

Frequent Contributor
Sparkz1920

They gave me one on a printout if i needed to purchase a flight. But that # is useless after u get the card in the mail. Approved on a Thursday and received my card the next saturday

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Established Contributor
Cageym

I'm still waiting on both the Zinc and Delta Gold. But then again it takes mail 2 to 3 weeks to get out here. I am already getting e-mail from Delta on how to earn points though.LOL

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture $10K NFCU Sig Visa $25k Amex Zync NPSL Delta Gold $18k BCE $2k Citi Simplicity $5450 Priority Select Visa 5.9K Amazon Visa 4k CSP 5k
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}