Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Delta issue

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Delta issue

So I need to buy a ticket to London on Delta but with my measly $1000 limit I am unable to use my Delta AMEX. I tried for the credit limit increase through the online portal but was not successful. Has anyone ever been successful in getting AMEX to increase your credit line by calling and explaining to them that a ticket you need cost more than the limit on the card?

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX Delta issue

@Anonymous wrote:

So I need to buy a ticket to London on Delta but with my measly $1000 limit I am unable to use my Delta AMEX. I tried for the credit limit increase through the online portal but was not successful. Has anyone ever been successful in getting AMEX to increase your credit line by calling and explaining to them that a ticket you need cost more than the limit on the card?

@Anonymous. If you did not get approved online they will not do it. Its not like you will save so much putting it on a Delta Card anyway. 20% off items when on the plane is about it. 2points per dollar in skymiles. Which if the ticket cost $1500. it would only net 3000 skymiles. Sorry but Amex has A boner for people that get 1k and 2k limits. Takes long time to get increase. My brother got his card last november and still at 1k. I got mine last october @3500 and now at 20k. You can put cash and miles if you got the bonus for signing up which should get you ticket and put partial on it. unless that is your only option is to use Delta. Sorry op. Good luck.

Message 2 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried, check spending ability. Go online and click on credit management. You'll see it there.
Message 3 of 29
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

Wouldn't it be nice if you could pay for an airline ticket in monthly installments!

Message 4 of 29
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous-own-fico wrote:

Wouldn't it be nice if you could pay for an airline ticket in monthly installments!

Very funny my fico. You can. Put it on a card. Smiley Happy. Op just does not have enough limit.  At least on delta. Hopefully they have other high limit cards. 

Message 5 of 29
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Have you tried, check spending ability. Go online and click on credit management. You'll see it there.

Spending ability has nothing do with a revolver. Which delta is. You hard limit is your maximum spend. Be it 1k or 20k. That's for charge  cards. Like green gold or plat. Although you can play with it. It will n very go beyond you hard limit. They tried already for increase and was denied.  

Message 6 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

All credit cards from amex has flexible spending limit.
Message 7 of 29
taxi818
Super Contributor

Yes. All are flexible. But there revolvers only allow a little over hard limit. Try 500 over and see what happens. Pls report the results back then let you s know. 

Message 8 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I'll do $2000 over and report back.
Message 9 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.