Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Delta

tag
s_rob7488
Regular Contributor

AMEX Delta

Hey all, thinking of taking a trip to London in late april early may and figured I could utilize the delta card for miles etc. The catch would be that I previously paid for airfare through delta last may but due to last minute medical reasons wasnt able to take the trip thus I have about $1300 worth of tickets to use. Flying to london would be say $1800-$2000 but maybe the additional $500-$700 could be made up with the sign up bonus from delta. I currently have a BCE and PRG amex, not sure if I can still get delta (I think I know the answer since its not a "true" amex?) but wanted to check. Question: Can I have all 3 amex's? (BCE PRG Delta?) and is the $150 AF really worth it for the Platinum card? We dont really travel much so Im thinking no but thought I'd get 2 cents just to be safe. 

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX Delta

Amex Delta Gold and Plat are "True" "Real" American Express Cards...

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 2 of 31
s_rob7488
Regular Contributor

So I would have to cancel a bce/prg and try to apply for delta? I highly doubt they would give me 3 of their cards then...lol I just found a link that may have just started that has a signup bonus of 70,000 miles which would reallllly help compared to the 30,000 listed on delta website. 70,000 offer give $100 statement credit and 30,000 gives $50. 

Message 3 of 31
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

The bad thing if they denied would  cost a SOFT PULL.

Good thing one HArd Pull if approved. 

There no loss . Why wait ???

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 4 of 31
s_rob7488
Regular Contributor

Any thoughts on CL might get? score should be 715-730 maybe..bce is at 2k Smiley Sad but all other cards are 5k+

Message 5 of 31
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@s_rob7488 wrote:

Any thoughts on CL might get? score should be 715-730 maybe..bce is at 2k Smiley Sad but all other cards are 5k+

There no warranty but they would get you where you want after 61 days. 

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 6 of 31
LesWH
Established Contributor

@s_rob7488 wrote:

So I would have to cancel a bce/prg and try to apply for delta? I highly doubt they would give me 3 of their cards then...lol I just found a link that may have just started that has a signup bonus of 70,000 miles which would reallllly help compared to the 30,000 listed on delta website. 70,000 offer give $100 statement credit and 30,000 gives $50. 

What is the link?  That's an interesting offer.

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 7 of 31
s_rob7488
Regular Contributor

true, although I still havent had luck with that 61 dayx3 on bce. lol they must hate me

Message 8 of 31
s_rob7488
Regular Contributor

I googled amex delta offers and it should have something in the first few links with 70,000 mile offer back (dont want to post link if shouldnt )

Message 9 of 31
LesWH
Established Contributor

@s_rob7488 wrote:

I googled amex delta offers and it should have something in the first few links with 70,000 mile offer back (dont want to post link if shouldnt )

Found it!  I'm not applying since I am in the garden, but that's a nice offer.

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.